R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-04-2006, 07:13 PM   #16
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to competionpark

my lhs only carries losi and ofna so it is between those two brands but what do you think about the mutilator, i usually race dirtoval but for occasional offroad racing would it be alright, ive got alot of electronics and my buddy had a mammoth st and ripped the 2 speed right out of it anyone else have that problem?
competionpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 06:40 AM   #17
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nagatahawk
Tony P.

Is the difference between the MBXT 5 and the Prospect worth the extra bucks? I imagine I would be needing titanium turn buckles and some chassis braces.

The ProSpec kit has all the bling. Both kits come with the CF tires. Most guys are ditching the alum chassis braces and running the plastic ones (including the Mugen factory drivers). I always run the plastic rear hubs as they're easier on wheel bearings so don't need the alum pieces either. The standard kit is fine, but pick up the one-piece motor mount off Ebay (like $15). The threaded hingepins are only convenience so if you don't mind e-clips, no biggie. The titanium turnbuckles are nice and save a few grams (ebay again), but not required. The standard 4mm shock towers are pretty beefy. I'd run them and only if you end up bending them, pick up the 5mm Prospec pieces on Ebay. I'd also get the 5mm ackerman when one pops up cheap. I prefer the graphite top plates over the alum pieces the standard kit comes with (look nicer and are lighter), but that's just personal preference.

Best of luck,
Tony P.

Tonys Screws LLC
High Grade Alloy Steel Screws, Screw Kits and Mugen Parts
TonysScrews is offline   Reply With Quote