Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Jammin kill the competition on the Mexican Nats Finals !!! >

Jammin kill the competition on the Mexican Nats Finals !!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin kill the competition on the Mexican Nats Finals !!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Jammin kill the competition on the Mexican Nats Finals !!!

(Pato Concha's personal view of the last stage of the Mexican Offroad Championship, in Guadalajara - México)

Hi,

Last weekend i participated on the last stage of the Mexican Offroad 2006 Championship (MT-Open and Buggy 1/8th classes). The event was held on the "Speed Hobbies" store track in Guadalajara City - Mexico.

Started Friday 15.00hrs with open track for practice and learn the layout, the track was very loose on the sides with medium grip on the middle of its line of driving, very dry on the surface and humid after the first 2-3 cm of dirt. The weather was very hot and humid but we had information of rain coming during the weekend (i was very exited about this, being my first time of racing under raining conditions).

Saturday morning all the heavy activity started, free practices until 12.00m, and after that the 3 rounds of 10 minutes qualifying started in MT and Buggy classes. We had rain the prior night so we had a different track than the day before, having more traction in some points of it. After couple of tanks of practicing we started to comment with other pilots about strategy to get good lap times and all pointed to a very conservative driving cause even when the track was not a car-killer, it had a lot of small jumps/bumps that didnt permit you to be very agressive all the time. By the end of the day i ended qualifying in 8th position in Buggy (that means that i was the 1st position on B-Main for sunday) and TQ'ed on the Monster Truck Class.

Sunday, full racing day. Sunday was a VERY different story, started to rain the night before and the track was very very wet with some small lagoons on some points of it, the rain was getting hard so the organization cancelled the original plan (2 more heats prior to the finals) so ended runing just one more 10 minutes heat in each class. As a surprise for the pilots, with the exception of the "mini lagoon" sections, all the track improved its grip by 50% or more, and at least in my case i was fighting againts traction roll on one of the curves of the track, same section were the previus day permitted me to slam the throttle hard without any problem. For MT i ended using 28mm offset OFNA wheels with Proline Crimefighter MT Tires and on the buggy the best choice was going with Panther Tires Komodo Dragon II on Panther gray Wheels.

Monster Truck A-Main. Not too much to say, just problems. Being TQ'ed i was very happy and confident on doing well on the finals, i prepared the truck and my pitman took it to the pit section, trying to start my engine (pullstart) and WOW, the pullstart cord cut itself !!, he worked on it for about 8 minutes and i had a running engine, too much laps to recover but under heavy rain maybe i have a chance so my pitman put me on the driving line and here we go !!, one lap after, my truck went absolutely crazy, my receiver received water (even when i sealed very well !!, i dont understand !!) so that was my A-Main participation, at least i did 1 lap lol !!.

Buggy B-Main. This was a classis 90% pitman work race !! ... rain was very heavy and after 3 flameouts and couple of laps having my engine spitting water and not reving at all, my pitman called me every 2 minutes to take out my airfilter foams, squeeze them and put them again (even with that i felt my engine not having power at all, as i saw a pilots flaming out or having dead electronics). After 30 minutes of eternal racing, i ended 3rd place and very happy with the results and more than grateful about my pitman work, wich i think did 85% of the race for me (way to go Gonzalo !!).

Buggy A-Main. I was very nervous about this run after "survive" the B-Main. I changed the filter header for a ofna 180º one (the ones that point to the back of the car, over the radio tray), and put 2 prefilter foams over the main filter, all with more oil than im used to use (Power Save Racing airfilters and oil, the best i know). After a very ugly start (i touched another car on the air on the double by the end of the straight) i managed myself to get 4th position and after a couple of laps i was on 3rd, just got one flameout due to water shoot directly to the engine cooling head, my pitman re-started me very fast so i was in the game again. After 40 minutes of racing and very hard fighting against a mexican good friend and pilot (Fabrizio Moniet) i ended winning the race and with a smile that i cant erase even after 3 days now.

Here you can see the ending positions of the Monster Truck A-Main :

The machines that took the podium on the MT Class were :

- 1st Place : Traxxas Revo 3.3
- 2nd Place : HPI Savage 4.6
- 3rd Place : Traxxas Revo 3.3

Here you can see the ending positions of the Buggy 1/8th A-Main :

The machines that took the podium on the Buggy 1/8th class were :

- 1st Place : Jammin FTE / STS .21 Team Edition
- 2nd Place : XRAY XB8 TQ / Novarossi Top P5
- 3rd Place : Mugen MBX5 / RB WS7 II

Now a couple pictures of the 10 pilots of the Buggy 1/8th A-Main :

The 3 pilots who made the podium on 1/8th Buggy Class :

My racing machines (the MT its a Tamiya TNX PRO, wich took the TQ of the event on MT class) :

And some of the pilots that were still at the track by the end of sunday :

Couple of shots of the winning car :

And obviusly some videos (sorry, they are big, just right-click their link to download) :

- Buggy 1/8th Qualify heat, one of the few with semi-dry track : http://images.domino.org/d/88712-1/M...-+Video+01.wmv

- Buggy 1/8th Qualify heat, qualifyin in rain : http://images.domino.org/d/88719-1/M...-+Video+03.wmv

- Monster Truck Qualify heat : http://images.domino.org/d/88725-1/M...-+Video+01.wmv

- Buggy 1/8th B-Main (heavy pitman work !!) : http://images.domino.org/d/88739-1/M...uggy+BMain.wmv

- Buggy 1/8th A-Main : http://images.domino.org/d/88751-1/M...+AMain_001.wmv

Special thanks to my sponsors Racernine.com (STS Engines), Maxys Pro Racing Fuel and Power Save Racing (Airfilters and oil) for their constant support, and a special thank to my friend Bob from Bobbyshobbies for his help (and decals hehehehehe).

Finally, i want to say a BIG THANKS to the people in Mexico, they are great people and im leaving good friends behind as i will be returning to my country (Chile-Southamerica) by the end of the year and we dont have any other race coming this year in Mexico. I really appreciate all the help you gave me specially during this, my first year of offroading. Hope to meet some of you on the southamerican offroad championship in March 2007 - Chile.

cya !!

-------------------------------------
Patricio "Pato" Concha
Jammin X1-CR Factory Team / STS .21 Team Edition
Tamiya TNX PRO Monster Truck / OS .18 TZ

Sponsored by :

http://www.racernine.com (STS Engines)
http://www.maxysfuel.com (Chassis & Fuel)
http://www.power-save-racing.de (Airfilters)

MSN & E-Mail : [email protected]
Forum : http://autorc.freeforumsite.com
Old 10-19-2006, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Congrats! Now time for a complete rebuild lol
Old 10-19-2006, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Good job!
Old 10-20-2006, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Tabushi, congratulation!
u did it again with X1CR FTE & STS engine. u rock Mexico. & your pitboy, he was one damn good one to have.
u make us all proud. keep it up. i support u from across the ocean.
go go go STS!
Old 10-30-2006, 07:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

yo tabushi mate..
what pipe are you using on your STS engine. and alsowhat plug?
Old 10-30-2006, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lastsun
yo tabushi mate..
what pipe are you using on your STS engine. and alsowhat plug?

So far the OS P3, P6 and P7 (last one only for very very hot weather and long mains) have been working great, and last race tested the Mega Turbo 6 Hot and 6 Cold and they are very good choices too ...

For pipes, usually i race the torquey STS pipe and/or the Thunder Tiger Efra Legal 3 chamber long and short ones ...
Old 10-30-2006, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

how jammin population at ur area i mean at mexico.. are many racers using this car.. can u post all the jammin racers position on that race
Old 10-30-2006, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by arghh
how jammin population at ur area i mean at mexico.. are many racers using this car.. can u post all the jammin racers position on that race

Im not Mexican, im Chilean, im just working in mexico until Christmas, and no other pilot is racing Jammin ... i think 50% are Mugens, 40% Kyoshos and 10% XRAY and TTR ...

... cya !

Old 10-30-2006, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

so u have to work hard to make this car popular there..
Old 10-30-2006, 10:40 PM
Tech Addict

Awesome job! Talk about tough conditions...

Congrats of the Finals.....
Old 10-30-2006, 10:45 PM
Tech Addict

Awesome job! Talk about tough conditions...

Congrats of the Finals.....