Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
hop-ups for Revo 3.3 >

hop-ups for Revo 3.3

hop-ups for Revo 3.3

Old 10-18-2006, 05:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default hop-ups for Revo 3.3

Who makes good hop-ups for the Revo 3.3?
Old 10-18-2006, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

MAtt, I use alot of the Traxxas stuff on my 3.3, tubular litewieght pushrods, close ratio gearing, reverse eliminator, Tubular toe links, etc.

I also use RPM hubs in front and they use bigger hub bearings for added durability, they also are much harder to pop off in a crash.

I also use 23mm adapters from Dace to keep from breaking wheels and add to my wheel options.

, Jim
Old 10-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have seen Dace things before...But I can't find them no where on the net..what is there website or a place to buy from?
Old 10-18-2006, 06:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
MAtt, I use alot of the Traxxas stuff on my 3.3, tubular litewieght pushrods, close ratio gearing, reverse eliminator, Tubular toe links, etc.

I also use RPM hubs in front and they use bigger hub bearings for added durability, they also are much harder to pop off in a crash.

I also use 23mm adapters from Dace to keep from breaking wheels and add to my wheel options.

, Jim
Great advice, jim!

Also have a look at the Tekno products for revo. Wing mount is a must IMO. They also do radio/servo/fuel tank mounts to suit the racing crowd (so you can get rid of the radio/servo boxes which are a bit 'bunky' for racing purposes)....

Golden horizons do a lot of aluminium hop ups (rockers, rod ends, shock mounts etc)

Are you in the US matt?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php/cPath/24_149

Seems to have all the wheel adapters you could ever dream of....
Old 10-18-2006, 06:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeap..South Carolina...thanks for the link...and I am not gonna be racing as of now..
Old 10-18-2006, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

I use all the Tekno stuff, but I think it's overkill for most Revo owners, and only shaves off some weight. No real performance or handling advantage...If you are racing hardcore style, it is a must, but otherwise, not needed at all, imo.

"Sometimes in fact a lighter truck is only harder to drive and not as good in the bumps, without some major retuning, keep your truck above 9lbs". (Steve Slayden)

Once you have some of the other items and if you still want more, then look at the Tekno stuff, it is pretty good and will shave off about 4 ounces.

....Jim
Old 10-18-2006, 10:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am gettin the 3.3 Revo next week..should have it friday..and I was thinkin of running Trinity fuel..I used to run O'Donnel and my friend just bought Trinity and likes it...Whats ya'lls opinion on it?
Old 10-19-2006, 05:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Get Byrons it runs the best IMO

RD Quickturn is a great hopup for racing
Old 10-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

hey river..what is the RD quickturn?..i looked around for it didn't see it no where
Old 10-19-2006, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Matt, Trinity, Odonnel, Maxys, Byrons, all good fuels, as are others. None work magic and the most important thing is what is available in your area, and proper tuning, imo. I run Maxys and have had good success with it, but others run what they get from a sponsor as well, or what their sponsored friend runs, LOL.

The Quick turn is a front driveshaft with a one way bearing that takes away front brakes so you can pivot the truck in tight turns with the brakes. It also makes the brakes less sensitive in mid flight during heavy braking when the nose pops up and the brakes sometimes make it flip over forward.

All of these issues are gone with a 3.3 and a center diff. Even without the center diff the 3.3 is night and day better then the 2.5 for which the QT was designed origionally. It is a good unit if you want to try something other then a center diff.

I'm not sure if they are still in business, last I heard there were some issues with the company and products?

...Jim