R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 10-21-2006, 08:06 PM   #16
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1armed1

I want change...we need change; I'm running out of places to race.
I vote for a new Roar, or no Roar.[/QUOTE]

Serpent,B-Fast Rc,Discount Rc Store,
92zero.com,Lunsford Racing, Xpert Rc,
Schelle Racing Innovations
1armed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 01:51 AM   #17
Tech Elite

tubaboy - Haha! Thanks though. Company loyalty or not, I've been around this hobby for a long time, AND I've had the chance to travel to races, big races, small races, and I've gotten to see both the racer side, and the company/marketing side of racing. Not too many people can say they've explored all of those points of view and yet still feel like someone who thinks of this hobby as just that...a hobby. I think the biggest downfall of the ROAR and other sanctioning body officials that we complain about not being "connected" with the racing community, is their lack of attachment to the love of racing as a hobby they've been a part of and understand. It's easy to explain what a racer wants to see when you're an actual racer.

Although I must say, I disagree completely with both points you made on equipment regulation. Yes, tires are the biggest part of car setup, but you will never, EVER, be able to enforce a production tire rule economically and fairly. I think spec tires are a spectacularly TERRIBLE idea. And in modified racing, there is really no reason to police motor and battery stuff either. The factory drivers are going to have a leg up on the privateer and there's literally nothing a rule-making body can do about it. A huge company with basically unlimited resources is going to win the "speed = money" battle. At the highest level of competition, the companies should be able to flex their muscles and get the job done.

Scrubb - That's not ROAR's fault. ROAR simply added to that mess with their own rules. They will never be able to regulate what un-sanctioned races use for rules and it's pointless, and incorrect, for ROAR to try and influence rules at those races. Considering the magnitude of entries for all of those un-sanctioned races, it makes no sense to me to try and combat those organizations with another set of rules.

There are PLENTY of reasons to have rules and regulations. I just don't feel that controlling equipment usage is something they have a right to do.

killer89 - ROAR approves batteries once a year in an attempt to slow down the release of new battery technology; they're trying to force manufacturers to wait to release new cells so that the consumer doesn't have to buy new batteries all the time so he has the best packs possible. It's a good idea but it fails miserably in practice. ROAR rules are no longer enforced at these big independent races and you can bet that when a company like Trinity or Reedy puts up the big money to have their name plastered all over the race, they will want the products they sell to be legal, and there is NOTHING wrong with that.

ROAR doesn't need to go away. They just desperately need to be re-connected with the community they are supposed to be involved with.
Aaron Waldron - LiveRC
Aaron Waldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:41 PM   #18
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey eddie you still looking to be roar prez? we can start a write in campaign!
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 06:01 PM   #19
Tech Legend
Trader Rating: 205 (100%+)

eddie: what are you opinions on the whole 1/8 scale electric thing? Is it something that you will push ROAR to get classes setup for.
< Durango DEX8, DESC410V2, DEX410V5>
< Team Associated RC10B6D>
Cain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:13 PM   #20
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Could you have dug up an older thread?
Hot Bodies/HPI | Jconcepts | Viper RC | Xpert | Sippel Speed Shop | Lawton RC Raceway | SXT
DavidAlford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:38 AM   #21
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Already posted on the bigger thread, but no thanks

And 2 years is nothing! I just had a guy post on a WTB thread for a dyno that I posted in 2004!

I think 1/8th electric is cool.....I hate gas.....too messy, too loud, too smokey, too finicky....electric=plug and go!

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:45 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If the racers really want to see Regional Championships once again become the path to a national title it's going to take more than the current president and Excomm to get it done. If racers really want this in ROAR then really pay attention to who your region director is and who might be running. ROAR needs region directors that will push and promote for more ROAR races within their region or even combined with regions. If the region director in your region isn't getting it done then start a write-in campaign. The Excomm will take care of their end of the deal if we can get Region directors to take care of theirs in the near feature. Then and only then will we have a nationals points/qualification system that can work.
schurcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:37 PM   #23
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

this is a post from an average racer. I like regional races and would love to see more. I havn't been a roar member since 1999.I have recently signed back up.Why did I sign back up? I will tell you. The roar region 5 offroad electric race.There has not been to many of these or there has but I never knew of them.One thing I would like to see is more regional races guys are saying to start at the bottom and work up. I feel that the regional directors need to seek out places to hold such events and solicit for tracks to hold them. Not everyone has the money to go and attend nationals.With regional races they are generally close to home so you can drive.Here is an idea for roar. regional series,have a regional series ,race 1 race in every state of the region. possibly contacting non roar tracks and offering them a chance to host and becomming a roar approved track.This may attract tracks to become roar tracks and also increase membership.Who ever wins to be president of roar I do hope they make an impact to bring more people back to racing.
nitro neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:39 PM   #24
Tech Legend
Default More than just "better" Race Director`s...

Roar needs to create a program designed to
train their regional director`s .

Better officials are not just born , they need to be trained & educated .
Any driver can copy a great set up, a Champion however will steal it .
If Jesus returned as a Rc car he be a Rc10 B5M
George W. Cherry
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote