Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Novak GTB numbers and how they compare to brushed. >

Novak GTB numbers and how they compare to brushed.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak GTB numbers and how they compare to brushed.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 06:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING
One last question......Does the GTB system work with ANY of the Novak brushless motors?? Such as: the 13.5 (stock equivelant) motor??
Brad - According to the GTB info page, it is compatible with all Novak 540-size sensored brushless motors. This is from that page:
GTB ESC SPECIFICATIONS
Input Voltage: 4-6 cells (1.2V/cell)
Footprint: 1.16” x 1.49” (29.5 x 37.8 mm)
Weight: 1.36 oz. (38.5 g)
Motor Limit: Compatible with all Novak 540-size brushless motors. No brushed motor limit
On-Resistance: 0.00040 ohms (per each phase -3); 0.00013 ohms (brushed mode)
Throttle Profiles: 5 brushless (2 with reverse), 1 brushed
BEC: Heavy-duty 6V/3A

And you'll probably like the 7.5. I run the 6.5 and have the 7.5 in my kid's car. Both are nice. I tried the 5.5 originally and it was a bit too much. I highly recommend the sintered rotor when/if it becomes legal unless your track doesn't care. Definately lowered the temp.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:48 PM
Tech Regular

i guess you can work out the differences from this

http://rctech.net/forum/attachment.p...hmentid=173015

thats the only thing i can go by, having not driven a brushless yet and what people say
Old 10-20-2006, 05:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok I have every motor from the 13.5 thorugh the 5.5. I have some in the novak some in the LRP equivalent. They all work perfectly with the GTB. You will like the system overall. I run the 7.5 - 13.5 with no fan. I have had no issues in my stadium truck.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:23 AM
Tech Adept

the top 27t stock drivers run only about 1 second slower than mod guys in 4wd mod.

so if you think about it, say 0.3sec is gained in the straight and then 0.1sec gained on every corner with extra punch. so not much is it when you compare a 27t to a 7.5r is it?

so what lap time improvements you think is possible with going from a 7.5 to a 6.5? i would think for most of us hardly any.

7.5 is plenty even for 4wd.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:06 AM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Hey Brian;
Thanks for that info, hadn't seen that....I had looked on Tower, and one page said they were compatable, and one page said that they weren't... So, that answers that piece of the puzzle!

myk505, nichocgn, BlueR1....thanks to you guys too.

I'm gonna go with the 7.5 system, and get the new 13.5 motor as well.

I enjoyed tuning on the brushed motors alot, but getting back into electric and not having to worry about getting a lathe, dyno, brushood tool, crapload of brushes, teflon shims..etc, will be nice. Kind of an end to an era for me, but, less time working on them means more time for other things that I need to get done so I can go racing...

Thanks again to everyone for your input!! That's what I love about this hobby, and about this site......most people are very willing to help with any question or need that you might have.....

Brad
Old 11-05-2006, 06:19 PM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Hey everyone....well, I went with the 7.5....Gonna be putting it in an MF2 with the a stock spur. Anyone got any idea on a good pinion gear to start with?? Gonna be racing mostly on a medium (120 foot straight) sized, fairly tight, high-bite, off-road track....

Thanks in advance...Brad