Wiki Posts
Search

Good Race Tracks?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 03:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Good Race Tracks?

Hey guys
This has prob been asked many times before, but can i asked for pics of good off road race tracks as i need them for inspiration lol

Cheers Kenny
Old 10-16-2006, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking

www.speedrc.com
Old 10-16-2006, 07:32 AM
Tech Addict

Kenny F. here is a post I made on the S-gird of a new track and raceway I & others have been building for about the last 4 months. I have some other shots of the track, let me know if ya need different shots.

Greetings,

Some of you who I race with might have been wondering where the heck I have been for the last three months of the racing season.

I had an opportunity to plan and build an all new track in the Peoria area. The Peoria park district gave us some land to work with right on the Peoria river front. The new facility was named RiverCity Raceway. As the track sits today there is nothing I am not proud of and in the near future I hope it becomes one of the many premier tracks in the Midwest. We have quite a learning curve ahead of us with running a smooth program but I am sure we will get there. Since it is so late in the year we will not be holding any scheduled events. You are however more than welcome to come out and race and just have some fun with us. We will be running a standard club program for what’s left of the season with racing on Sundays and a start time of 12:00 noon. For those of you that might travel a bit to get here I must tell you none of us have really run a true race program so it could be a long day. We will get it figured out in due time I am sure.

Old 10-16-2006, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

WWW.CRCRC.com

One of the best tracks in the nation.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:28 PM
Tech Addict

what are the dimensions of crcrc?
Old 10-17-2006, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

what the minimum to build a track.. overall area, the straight, track wide, how many jump or corner
Old 10-17-2006, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

speed you all have a right to be proud that is one ssssweeeeet track nice job.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Tech Addict

Fordman thank you very much. We will see what we can dig up for events next year and maybe you could come down for a spin!
Old 10-17-2006, 10:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yes speedbump that track is... well... breath taking.

The part of Australia where i live, we dont tend to have the support (financial and otherwise) to build and maintain such mint looking tracks. They're generally just on public land and we therefore "share" the track with kids on bikes, horses, dirt bikes etc. when we're not there racing.

Lol - im going to have to go on a holiday one day and tour the USA and race on your many, many, many, many, many tracks!

Hope the local racers have been giving you the pat on the back which you deserve!
Old 10-20-2006, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

wheres the track at?
Old 10-20-2006, 08:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Speedbump 57, I don't even race off-road and that place looks awsome!
Old 10-20-2006, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

ever thought about going off the wall for a US track and try a UK style astroturf track?

have a look the gallery here

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/kiddy080406/
Old 10-20-2006, 12:33 PM
Tech Initiate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQaqxqud-7A
Old 10-20-2006, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Speedbump57, The track looks awesome!....Where is it track located?... I want to run on it!
Old 10-23-2006, 07:10 PM
Tech Addict

Sorry for the late post. We had racing all weekend at some of the local tracks.

Thanks guys for the props on the track. It is very much appreaciated!! I had a blast designing and building that track and basicly gave up my race season to do it. So its nice to here the comments.

For those of you that asked where the track is located it is in Peoria, IL.

We havn't worked out any details yet for next season but will do so this winter. I will post here and keep ya informed as to what takes place next year.

Here is a map and some directions. If ya need something different let me know and I will see what I can come up with.

Take I74 to the NE Adams Street exit. Turn right. The track is located off of this road! Stay on Adams St going north and it will soon turn into RT29. Once you get out of town you go will under an over pass (RT 150). Stay on RT29 and the track is about 5mi ahead. There will be a sign on your right for the golf course. It is brown and says Detweiller golf course. Turn right towards golf course. Then take your first left and follow the road back a bit and you will see the track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.