Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Lunsford Ti Screws >

Lunsford Ti Screws

Lunsford Ti Screws

Old 10-26-2006, 01:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Lunsford Ti Screws

Are these more for the "bling" factor or are there any performance gains switching to titanium? I am aware that they may be lighter and stronger, but do they really make a difference?

Thanks,
John
T4
Old 10-26-2006, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Depends on the vehicle you intend to mount them on.

On something light and nimble, like a 2 or 4wd electric buggy you can get away with it; I can't really say if you could/should use them on a stadium truck. Titanium screws, though lighter in weight, also tend to strip-out more easily than their steel counterparts and aren't quite as strong overall.

I wouldn't even contemplate using them on any nitro vehicles due to the vehicle's increased weight and the abuse they are put through.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

The flat head/button head screws seem to strip fairly easily. I wouldnt plan on getting them for an performance gain, the only difference seems to be a little bling factor.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

yes they will work I use 7075 AL screws on my 8th scale and have yet to break one . i shaved 45grams doing this. the only ones that get striped are the motor mount screws because you remove them a lot. TI screws are even stronger!
Old 10-28-2006, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndyMoore
The flat head/button head screws seem to strip fairly easily. I wouldnt plan on getting them for an performance gain, the only difference seems to be a little bling factor.
Seems to be a problem with the stainless steel screws, as well. For strength, the regular steel black oxide screws have worked best for me.