R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Team Losi Micro-T (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/132861-team-losi-micro-t.html)

Aaron Waldron 10-13-2006 10:16 AM

Team Losi Micro-T

Team Losi is out to take RC to every level with the Micro-T. The Micro-T is the smallest RTR that Team Losi has ever offered, coming in at just under 5 inches long. But just because it’s small doesn’t mean it skimps on performance. Packed with a Ni-MH battery pack, independent suspension, differential equipped transmission, automatic peak charger and 27MHz Team Losi radio system, the Micro-T has the speed and handling to tackle everything from the tabletop to the tile. Take it with you anywhere you go and satisfy your need for speed with the Micro-T.

yeaklet4 10-13-2006 05:02 PM

can i build the diff

kuzo 10-13-2006 05:21 PM

Aaron -
My kids would kill for this to run in the winter! When's the launch date? Any pics with the body off yet?

Aaron Waldron 10-13-2006 08:07 PM

kuzo - No topless pictures that I've seen. I'm ASSUMING they'll push to have it out in time for Christmas but I've heard no official word, so don't hold me to it.

My cats are gonna hate this thing!

SupermaxxRich 10-13-2006 10:20 PM

that little truck is dialed!! can't wait to get one :nod: great for running around the house on those rainy days to help keep and eye coordination going :p

kuzo 10-14-2006 06:00 AM

Aaron -
It does look like before Xmas. Horizon at least now has them listed as late November. Hopefully the backorder list doesn't get too built up. Got to tell the wife we are clearing the living room for the winter for our indoor track. ;)

Hopefully channels will be selectable. I'm going to need at least 4 of these - maybe 5 if I can convince the wife rc doesn't suck...

Aaron Waldron 10-14-2006 12:07 PM

I heard November too. I've always heard a price of $80 :)

If that's the same Losi included with the Mini LST (I think), it should be synthesized for all 6 27mhz channels, which will be a good thing for Christmas Day races!

Good luck with the wife too...maybe if you let her call this one "cute", she'll like it more!

Scottmisfits 10-14-2006 12:55 PM

What I'm waiting for is Losi to release a XXX4 mini. I finally got sick of waiting and ended buying the RC18B. If Losi would come out with a 4WD mini buggy, I'd be all over it.

Even a Losi 18 to compliment the new 8ight.

Lextek 10-14-2006 01:20 PM

Merry Christams to me!

micrors4guy 10-14-2006 01:48 PM

yah a mini 8ight would be the shit. i would definatley sell my half8 for one.

also, i dont know if anyone has noticed. the losi clutch parts are starting to show up at places. amain has the carbon shoes and carolina rc has the carbons and al. shoes in stock.

Lextek 10-14-2006 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
yah a mini 8ight would be the shit. i would definatley sell my half8 for one.

also, i dont know if anyone has noticed. the losi clutch parts are starting to show up at places. amain has the carbon shoes and carolina rc has the carbons and al. shoes in stock.

Now we're talking!

Aaron Waldron 10-14-2006 03:48 PM

It's definitely an idea, perhaps you should voice your opinions (politely!) to Horizon. As far as I've heard, nothing like that is in the works.

kuzo 10-14-2006 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
I heard November too. I've always heard a price of $80 :)

If that's the same Losi included with the Mini LST (I think), it should be synthesized for all 6 27mhz channels, which will be a good thing for Christmas Day races!

Good luck with the wife too...maybe if you let her call this one "cute", she'll like it more!

The radio looks the same but the Mini LST specs page lists it as synth FM while the micro-t just lists 27MHz AM. As long as I can pick freq I'll be set.

I think I can convince the wife. It can always be the present I pick out for her xmas present or "Happy Anniversary Dear" :lol:

Kendall Welch 10-14-2006 06:07 PM

How are the wheels held on? The fronts look like they are held in with o rings and the rears could possibly have some kind of quick change thing.

I will probably get a couple for dad and I so we can race in the house during the winter.

1 Xtreme R/C 10-15-2006 10:25 AM

Can't wait to get my hands on one of these.

How long will they go on a charge? Is 5 minutes going to be pushing it?

I already have plans of building a track on a 4X8 sheet of plywood. Carpet the plywood, use 1" pvc for the lanes, 1 foot lanes should be plenty wide enough. Use foam for the jumps covered with the same carpet as the plywood. Put velcrow on the bottoms of the jumps so they can be moved around easily and change the layout from time to time.

If you could only find a way to put a PT in them you could have a real race. But I don't know if PT will run with less than 6V.