Community
Wiki Posts
Search

kyosho ultima

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Default kyosho ultima

hey yall. i only have one electric off-road truck. its a kyosho ultima st sport. i have a speedgems extreem 17 turn motor and a tekin rebel2 speed control. its a pretty good truck. its decently fast but i would like to make it better. if anyone knows some good parts for it then could you tell me? thanks
Old 10-13-2006, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I don't recall much for hopups for the Ultima cars besides stuff like shocks... there won't be much that would make the truck any faster on the track. If it has full ball bearings and quality shocks I think that's about it.

MIP/Thorpe had some tranny gears back in the day that were nice but they are hard to find.

I'm pretty sure Kyosho quit making those a long time ago. Ebay is probably the best place to look for parts

Edit: biggest thing to make it faster is tires. If you don't already have them, get the same tires the fast guys at the track are running. And copy their shock setup... same spring/oil/piston. Those two things will do a lot to dial in the truck.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Ultima upgrades

I don't know if Kyosho USA can get any of this stuff, but here's the Kyosho.jp page with all the Ultima upgrades:
http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products...p_other-e.html

Also, you can download a "GP Ultima ST Evolution" instruction manual and get part numbers from that for stuff like shocks.

These are for the buggy, but most of them fit the truck too. Just make a parts list with part numbers and see if you can find a shop that can get them.

Last edited by DP-buggyboy; 10-13-2006 at 10:30 AM.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

yeah ive seen the stuff off their normal site. but i didnt see any on kyosho USA. ive done shocks motor speed control reciever and steering servo. i would love to go brushless but im not sure if i can. do yall know of any gears for it. cause i seem to have problems with the normal ones. they strip all the time . and whats a good company to get bearings. i want to get balls in it but im not sure were to look.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Write down all the bearing sizes you need and check out www.avidrc.com

All sizes are $1.00 and shipping is cheap too.

See if you can find the Thorpe gears... they were bullet proof, much better than the soft stock gears. I don't know of any other aftermarket gears.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:43 AM
Tech Regular

when i had mine a few years back... i made mine into the ultima type r it has a much better trans and shocks and slipper... i thank you can still get those parts....
Old 10-14-2006, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

ive already put some of the nicest shocks on the market onto it. and im about to get a slipper for it. im thinking about getting some of the graphite chassis parts for it to but they are kind of expensive so im not sure. i want it to be more competitive. its old so its not as fast as all the new losis and stuff. but i can run with them so i know i can get it better. im used to racing my revo though and im not as into the electric trucks. but i want to get back into them so.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

also, were do you think i could find the thorpe gears?
Old 10-15-2006, 02:00 AM
Tech Master

Talking thorp

try ebay for the thorpe stuff or go to www.tamiyaclub.com they have a for sale section etc and forums that im sure someone could help you out.awesome website.and its not all about tamiya, you will find everything there
Old 10-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think Thorpe went out of business several years ago. MIP ended up selling their hex drivers still though.