Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Mr. Ninja B01 engine, any feedback on performance?? >

Mr. Ninja B01 engine, any feedback on performance??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mr. Ninja B01 engine, any feedback on performance??

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Mr. Ninja B01 engine, any feedback on performance??

I know that there is a link off of the On-Road forums on these engines.

However there is no constructive feedback on the offroad engines. I ordered one for my CRT and was just curious if anyone has any personal experience with these engines?

Thanks guys!
-Seann
Old 06-16-2006, 03:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I have seen one run. I seemed like a nice engine. It was not any faster than any of the other high end engines at the track (V-spec, Collari B7) but it seemed nice. I would wait to see if they last.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Panther

However there is no constructive feedback on the offroad engines. I ordered one for my CRT and was just curious if anyone has any personal experience with these engines?

Thanks guys!
-Seann
Thanks for taking the time to reply, I'll give everyone a full report after next weekend. I should get the engine late next week, and once she gets broken in. I'll put the girl through her paces.

-Seann
Old 06-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

They seem to run about like other high end engines. But i know of one that is dead with only 1 gallonon it and i know for a fact never been over 260. Kinda makes you wonder. hope you have good luck with yours.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Panther

Thanks guys!
-Seann
Its a very torquey engine.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

The mt12s are a stud of an engine in terms of durability. If its properly taken care of then I would think it should be a great engine.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

The Ninja is a great engine.

The powerband is very good, if you're running on a small track. The bottom is nothing but torque, and the top end is very decent- I'd compare it to a very good P5X. The only problem is the way it's delivered. There's just no midrange, it just hits too hard for me. I'm running 1.0 springs and Carbon shoes, and it still hits too hard......

All of the local Mugen drivers have been using them lately, and everyone seems to like it- 7/8 gallon longevity for everyone so far, without trouble. This motor likes to run about 240, but it'll be about 260 when you temp it- the head on the Ninja is deeper and will always read a bit hotter. The Ninja engines also run best with the Ninja 3 chamber pipe- If you didn't order the Ninja pipe, I'd go with an O.S. 2050.

Old 06-18-2006, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Did some testing this past weekend with the Ninja and Ninja 2053 pipe, short manifold 14006. Motor had 15 tanks of fuel through it. Ran motor in a 777 SP2. O'Donnell 30% fuel. #6 plug. Track is off-road with multiple doubles, triple and two straights. One about 70 feet and the other starts with a 45ft sweeper into a 130-140ft straight. Lap times were 36-38 seconds. Tuned motor for decent performance, but still on the rich side. Motor still has metal pinch. Used exergen to get a reference point for temps and was at 224*. We got 9 minutes 45 seconds on tank. Car was tech'd at 124.5 cc's. The car had plenty of bottom end and was over-shooting the triple by a good 10-12 feet. Motor ran awesome! Can't wait to see how it runs after it loosens up and is leaned out a bit.

We're going to slap it in a ST-R next weekend to see how it does in a heavier truggy with big wheels/tires. Also curious to see the run times will be in the truck with the larger 150cc tank.

Best regards,
Old 06-18-2006, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

Awesome posts guys, very informative and helpful. The engine should be in on Friday, so I'll have to break it in then for the weekend. I got the long header and the short header both. So, we'll have to see how she runs. Thanks again.

-Seann
Old 06-19-2006, 08:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

I finally got some decent runs in with mine this past weekend- The engine ran reliably during the 30 minute main, no stalling....It held a tune during the main, and all day. Ran very well, and came off the track after the main at 198. Bobby Moore even commented on it, saying that "it sounded very nice- tune seems to be spot-on". Very easy to tune, and much smoother than I originally thought, with the Ninja pipe.

Overall, it's an awesome motor.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Local had the off-road edition of the MR NINJA .21. This past weekend the crankshaft actually broke right before the flywheel. However, he contacted Mugen (Kris Moore) and they sent him a brand new crankshaft this morning.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

He probably had one of the earlier versions, that were recalled. Faulty conrods and crankshafts, from what I've heard.

Glad to hear Mugen is on top of this, and is willing to replace faulty parts from the engines at no charge.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Suppousedly the faulty parts were only on the ON-ROAD editions of the motors and were found BEFORE shipping. Who knows???
Old 06-19-2006, 07:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

i'm guessing that it's just a random problem then- a select few engines out of the whole production..... I haven't had any trouble with mine yet, and I've changed the clutch/flywheel 4 times.

You're correct, the onroad motors were recalled almost immediately after release. Some of the "B01" crankshafts may have come from a batch of the onroad parts?
Old 10-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How many gallons is everyone getting through these engines?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.