R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 10-13-2006, 09:43 AM   #31
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I loved my Bosscat. Best car I ever had. I never replaced a part due to breakage on that thing. I think Shumacher went the wrong direction with the Cat 2000. I know a few factory guys that felt like they couldnt win with that car.
Jack Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 10:49 PM   #32
Tech Elite
Default hmmm

At the club level can the new Tamiya 4WD buggy hold it's own?

I'm a C-B main racer at our club with a T-4 and love indoor off road. I also really enjoy carpet on road with an xray FK04

If the Tamiya could possibly be competitive I'd love to give it a whirl. If not I think I'm going to give the new Academy a try.
chicagokenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:13 PM   #33
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

No doubt, Pavidas is Awesome, even now being a Family man and all, still winning the worlds in 1/8th!

I have heard rumors about Schumacher looking at 4wd again. Not sure of they will some day or not. I had good success with those cars, but I hated those posi screws, LOL.

ChicagoKenji, As we have discussed at length in the thread, your ability, preperation and skill level will be the main factors. The car you choose is only a part of the equation.
A great driver can overcome small weaknesses and a terrible driver can't win even with the best car!
Make sure parts are available, since that is the single biggest factor, nothing like missing a race weekend because you don't have a spur gear or small part, etc.

With that said, the BJ4WE finished 1-2-3 at this weekends Florida State Series(FSORS.com) and also 1-2-3 in the final points standings!

www.wedjim.com ...Closed down due to heavy gov't regulation? Or something like that.

"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 04:20 AM   #34
Tech Regular

wat about the yok and tamiya trf501x? they are supposed to be good cars arent they?
myk505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:06 AM   #35
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

The Tamiya isnt even out yet. Still in the prototype stage. I would imagine they will be very fast and very expensive when they come out though. The Yokomo is supposed to be a very nice car, and it looks like it. Check out the review at www.oople.com

It would seem to me the Kyosho ZX-5 is one best values in the 4wd market right now. They have updated a bunch of the weak spots on the car so it is now quite durable (apparentally). I'm going to buy one this month, woohoo!
•Brad Comis
WheelNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:20 AM   #36
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The new Yok's a gorgeous car and the 501X should follow suit given their price tags.

That said, I've noticed that in Europe, there seem to be more older cars still being raced. Now, whether that's due to 4WD being more popular over there I'm not sure, but it shows that even the old stuff can still be competitive. I'll gladly run my CAT3K 'til something faster, better handling (seems to handle the rough stuff well even with the short/medium length shocks) and more durable comes out; so far the only thing I've had to replace have been front outdrive bearings
SMcpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 02:52 PM   #37
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Thanks to Paul Sinclair and Jesse Robbers for the setup help with my XX4 WE (which I ended up going with). Car was excellent this past weekend and was right there in lap times.

I was very pleased how easy to drive this car is in the rough.
WHOBEE is offline   Reply With Quote