Mst Setups

Old 09-27-2006, 05:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Mst Setups

Hi, I need some info on how to setup my truck a bit better. Love the steering the MST offers but would like some more rear end grip.

Currently running drilled 2 x 1.5 hole in all shock. 350wt oil in the front and 250wt in the rear, was runnning 350wt in the rear but was really lacking rear grip. Track surfaces vary between blue groove and tracks with a little less grip. Any info would be good thanks. Or where I can find some setup sheets on them.

Thanks
Old 09-27-2006, 11:34 AM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Try a little more rear toe, also there is a MST1 tread you can look at for set-up help.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am running the 2* aluminum uprights and the 3* toe block. I started with the 1* upright/4* block and didn't get the forward bite I was looking for. I will also say that I tried using the stock plastic uprights but they seem to be good for a qualifier heat or two then they have too much slop. I think aluminum is a must for the uprights. This is on an east coast hard track that gets loamy/dusty and full of ruts.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:22 PM
Tech Adept

MAke sure your rear ride height is set bones level, it looks kinda funky but the truck is sensitive to ride height changes , with that much rear toe you should have no issue with traction .
Old 09-29-2006, 07:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for the replys. Have soften the rear up recently and has improved somewhat. I have always set rear arms levels, so I will try the setting the shafts level and see.