Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 03:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The 8ight was like $599 when it first came out and now its $499 so just give it time and it will drop down aswell!
Old 11-09-2006, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Holy Sh*t!!! A pre-built race truck, I'm all for that!

Saves time and I'm all about getting to the track sooner... I have built enough kits in my time to really care anymore, its all about having fun at the track anyways!

Aaron - Any plans to start pre-building the buggy?
Old 11-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I dont know if I like pre-built. I mean it is convienent, but just like somoene told me, with already built stuff how do you know if a screw wasnt screwed in correctly and now the hole is stripped out?

I want to be the one that strips out the hole dangit!

I think Id still want the 10th scale stuff unassembled though.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

One of the most enjoyable aspects of this hobby for me is tearing into a new KIT and watching it all come together on the workbench.

I would MUCH rather put it together myself, but if pre assembled is the only way to get it, I won't let that stop me from buying one.

So it says on Losi's website "Hand assembled factory-built race chassis" Can I request Adam Drake to build my 8T?
Old 11-09-2006, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yeah building the kits half the fun.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

It's just a marketing experiment guys, calm down. Some people are going to be excited by the idea, some won't. The potential customer base for this truck far outspans the active membership of the Off-Road forum at RCTech by a looooong way, haha.

From how I understand it, they're just giving it a shot with the 8IGHT-T. There are no plans to start building the other kits Losi offers (although I can imagine that might be an idea if this concept really takes off).

Personally, I think it took FOREVER to have a truly race-ready car sold pre-built. We'll see how this shakes out.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Personally I love the idea. I have raced for many years and built many kits. I used to like building them but now it is just a pain, I do enough wrenching on them at the track. Wish they would do the buggy that way as well. And yes Im Lazy..LOL Heck I was trying to pay people 50 bucks to build my Jammin buggy.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

That's one way to look at it! haha
Old 11-10-2006, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Now if we can just send in our paint scheme and have it come in the box? MONEY. j/k. lol.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:22 AM
Tech Master

Before Jim chimes in (W.E.D.), I know it can be arranged
Old 11-10-2006, 07:00 AM
Tech Addict

alrighty......who's taking pre-orders already and who's got the best prices? homer....would that be the b-main?
Old 11-10-2006, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I for one like the fact that it's pre-assembled. The amount of screws on this truck that will need re-loctited is very few and will take very little time to get to them. Also, when first building your kit, how many times are the diff oils changed out before you hit a good setup? It's at least several times for me......

-Seann

P.S. Gotta thank my little Honkeytonk friend in Cali for turning me into the Losi fold.......HAHAHAHA
Old 11-10-2006, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
It's just a marketing experiment guys, calm down. Some people are going to be excited by the idea, some won't. The potential customer base for this truck far outspans the active membership of the Off-Road forum at RCTech by a looooong way, haha.

From how I understand it, they're just giving it a shot with the 8IGHT-T. There are no plans to start building the other kits Losi offers (although I can imagine that might be an idea if this concept really takes off).

Personally, I think it took FOREVER to have a truly race-ready car sold pre-built. We'll see how this shakes out.

maybe being pre built will help alot of things, like poeple missing parts from their kits, peices not being assembled correctly (shocks), and the simple fact that 90% of the people who got the buggy when it first came out on that thursday, rushed the build to get it out on the track saturday or sunday.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by o.s. power
maybe being pre built will help alot of things, like poeple missing parts from their kits, peices not being assembled correctly (shocks), and the simple fact that 90% of the people who got the buggy when it first came out on that thursday, rushed the build to get it out on the track saturday or sunday.
Yeah but the people who rush, who will they blame? I mean its not like its anyone elses fault but theirs.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'll have to add to the group of un-happy folk with a pre-built race level kit. One of my favorite parts of the hobby is building a new kit.

Seann next kit you buy if you don't want ot build it send it my way for a free assembly job buddy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.