Search

Losi 8ight Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
"Just a logical thought here (not that Losi, Aaron or anyone else cares)"

hold on a minute, I made that statement and you took it to mean something I didn't intend Aaron! Which is WAY TO easy to do on an internet forum, since there is no personal interaction.

Seriously... I never meant the way you took it!!! And I'm completely sorry that you have been pissed becasue of it.

You have helped me lots in the past and I consider you a friend. I'm really upset that you have been pissed about this. Get ahold of me please, you know how!

Mike
Old 11-14-2006, 02:20 PM
Tech Rookie

This seems like much to do about nothing. To those comparing this truck to other RTRs, It looks like the 8T has the same level components as the buggy. The buggy is awesome.
I don't care if the truck is assembled in Santa's workshop by narcoleptic elves. If it performs on the track, I want one.
Thanks to everyone waiting for a "kit". Just means I'll get mine sooner.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:58 PM
Tech Elite

Dana - I had a feeling that you didn't mean it in a way that's mean to me...but if that's how I took it, imagine how someone else who reads this thread would've taken it. We've seen over and over how that stuff is blown out of proportion. Your harmless sounding statement now has the potential to make me look like an ass who doesn't do his job.

Like I said in my last post...it's often not what you said, but how you said it. I understand this is often harder to do in type, which does not offer the option of including a tone of voice. Even still, some people seem completely oblivious to other possible ways to interpret what they say to the public.

Jim - You hit the nail on the head. Not once did I have anyone ask me for the e-mail to someone at Losi who could've been addressed to these concerns.

Slobbatech - You have a good point! There hasn't been any arm-chair engineer BS, since everyone is too carried away with arguing about it being pre-built. Haha!

The newbie market is not always all about the Ready-To-Run. Having worked in a hobby shop before, and having been around this hobby for a LONG time, I've seen how the trend often repeats itself as new hobbyists first upgrade the engine, and the radio equipment. Hobby shops pitch these two items on any RTR as the first things to upgrade, and the newbies listen. At the local hobby store I worked at, I heard countless comments about wishing that they could buy their new car or truck with their own equipment (the store stocked virtually ONLY RTR's). This is an opportunity for that to happen.

Potentially, the pre-built concept could flop. But it could also encourage new hobbyists to enter into racing as they get to buy a race-level truck and get on the track quickly. It will be the new truck of choice for the racers who are short on time, and are often impatient about getting their new toy out to play with. I think this approach has been coming for a long time.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

some like to build, some don't.....so let's end this madness.

aaron........any idea on what the box set-up will be? does drake or other factory guys have any set-ups published that they like? links please.

will it have the same clutch set-up as the 8ight...or something different?

release date??????? january maybe?

Last edited by dirtracer1; 11-15-2006 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

It should have the 8IGHT clutch on it...wouldn't make any sense to use a different one. As far as shoes and springs, I'm not sure. I know Losi has been trying new shoe material so we'll see what happens.

As far as the overall setup for the truck, I'm sure Adam and the R&D team will come up with something very neutral that will be in the ballpark for most tracks. That seems to be Losi's blanket approach to kit setups and I think it's the best way to go. There are no available setup sheets yet but rest assured they will be available around release time.

The best ballpark estimate for a release date that I can give you now, would be sometime around late January.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Will the 8T use the same style "clunk" pick up in the fuel tank as the 8ight buggy? Are they going to ship it with extra springs, sway bars, and pistons for tuning options like they did with the 8ight?

Thanks.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:36 AM
Tech Elite

Honestly, I don't know. I haven't heard either way yet. I think the clunk system in the buggy was a good idea and it seems to work well, so it would only make sense to use the same for the 8-T, although it will probably be a different tank as the maximum capacity for the 1/8th scale truck class is 150cc, compared to 125cc.

I can see why Losi would include optional tuning parts in the box as was done with the 8IGHT buggy, but I haven't heard any confirmation.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1 Xtreme R/C
Will the 8T use the same style "clunk" pick up in the fuel tank as the 8ight buggy? Are they going to ship it with extra springs, sway bars, and pistons for tuning options like they did with the 8ight?

Thanks.
Xtreme - I thought I read in the new RCCA that it will indeed have the "clunk" pick-up in a 150cc tank, and that the truck they were reporting on had a non-Losi 150cc tank in it. I think it was Drakes prototype RCCA was reporting on.....it looks dialed!

Also, their new truggy rim/tire combo is awesome! Drake had RCCA time him with standard Truggy rims/tires and then time him with the new gear and was like .5 a lap faster.... SUPER DIALED I'm sure the new rim/tire design will become the industry standard.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Haha. The new and yet un-named tire and rim combo is pretty dialed.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Any word on a release date?
Old 11-24-2006, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

mid janurary
Old 11-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Would I be correct in saying that you wouldnt be able to use the same starter box for both the 8 and 8T?... The truggy is longer, correct?
Old 11-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by FlyByWire
Would I be correct in saying that you wouldnt be able to use the same starter box for both the 8 and 8T?... The truggy is longer, correct?
yep....you'd be correct.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default motor mount

would any one know if the 3 piece motor from the buggy, will it fit the truggy or the chassis braces fit the truggy thanx
Old 11-29-2006, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losiguy69
would any one know if the 3 piece motor from the buggy, will it fit the truggy or the chassis braces fit the truggy thanx
When I first read this I thought "no way", but they do look very close to the same lengths.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.