R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-13-2006, 10:56 PM   #166
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Either way, im getting this truck. I have ran Losi cars since the junior 2, and i will continue to run losi because the quality is the best.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:41 AM   #167
Tech Elite

Bigedmond - That's what I'm saying!

Jim - Hahaha

dirtracer - That's not what I was trying to say at all.

"Just a logical thought here (not that Losi, Aaron or anyone else cares)"

It's comments like that, that suck. There is no filter available for internet forums that screen posts for inflammatory crap that does not encourage friendly conversation or work towards actually achieving something. The internet instead provides an outlet for keyboard warriors to flame, insult, and bash anyone and anything behind a fake name and with zero accountability.

Personally, I'm offended that anyone would accuse me of not caring what Losi's customers think, ESPECIALLY people that I've offered help to in the past. I'm not exactly on top of the totem pole at Horizon but I'd like to consider myself pretty receptive to the idea of helping the industry that has given me so much.

Nothing beyond "man, I'm bummed about Losi's decision not to offer this truck as a kit" is constructive. I can't see how 50 posts blasting the people who made this decision is going to increase a company's urgency to change their entire marketing strategy based on a small percentage of potential customers. Not because I have ties with Losi, but because I just don't believe the R/C industry's customer base goes about this kind of thing the right way.

How you say something is just as important as what you say. Instead of writing e-mails to Horizon, petitioning for them to offer the 8-T as a kit and outlining the reasons for your request, we have blatant disregard for Horizon's marketing strategy, and accusations of Losi as a company of "selling out", simply for trying to meet the demands of their intended market. And worse, these messages are directed towards the public ear rather than aimed at those with the power to make changes. All before the truck has even hit the shelves!

And perhaps the saddest point of all, is that all of this is STILL regarding toy cars. We're all hopeless (me included, for letting this get under my skin).
Aaron Waldron - LiveRC

Last edited by Aaron Waldron; 11-14-2006 at 02:02 AM.
Aaron Waldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:05 AM   #168
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yes Jim I'll be there this weekend
rdeppen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:47 AM   #169
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

Aaron, Good post!

I think the problem is rather then accomplishing anything, most internet Guru's just want to rag on some stuff and play video games after. Just like guys who bash the Quarter back at the end of a bad play, but don't play football, or even hold season tickets.

Would they walk up to the quater back man to man and tell him how much he sucks? Nope, The closest they will come is standing in a crowd where they feel safe enough to yell at him from a distance. Accomplishing nothing, but trying to believe they could do it better, without ever even playing.

That is how to tell who to pay attention to, when someone has done what it is they are critisizing they may have a point, never done it, then it doesn't matter what they think. They are entitled to an opinion, but it couldn't be more insignificant.

ie, If "The Drake" says, this need to be improved, take a good look at it.

If I do, totally disregard what i'm saying and nod like I matter the whole time.

I'm used to it, most of the internet Guru's are too, that why they try so hard to matter.

www.wedjim.com ...Closed down due to heavy gov't regulation? Or something like that.

"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:52 AM   #170
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Well said,
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"
If people really cared so much than Losi/Horizon would be flooded with email about their decision. I helped out/worked for my Local Hobby Shop and found that sales in Kits is only about 10% of total sales. RTR is the other 90%. Parents of kids under the age of 16 are the incomes buying these said 90%. Not the adults buying kits.
So is Losi selling out? I hope so that is why they are in business to make money.
If I had the extra cash, the 8T would be my first Losi purchase. I think its design is well thought out, easy to drive (from those who have been so nice to let me drive their 8ight) and pretty much bullet proof.
So when I see all these flamer's yea I think that is OK to say on here, it makes me laugh as they think they are the only people in the R/C Universe that have a valid opinion.

Lets just say that if Losi only catered to the 10% of drivers, then you wouldn't have a Losi at all to complain to.

Try to keep it civil in here,
Yes I understand a Kit is what you want.
Guess what you can at least break it all down and rebuild,
Heck if I bought one, I would change the Diff oil, shock oil, re-lube all bearings, check for proper diff spacing and loc-tite every screw.....Sounds like what I would do with a KIT. Yea it maybe a tiny bit inconvenient for you.
But Losi is also trying to better the Hobby, by trying to bring in more of the newbies.
Are you?
-Shookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:52 AM   #171
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dido!!. Its looks to be like a great truck. And after a week of owning it and tinkering around with it, you will have already forgotten that it was pre-assembled. I would like to put it together myself but really!!! Does it take away from the performance of the truck? I think not!!! My 2 cents.....

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
Randy, now that is funny! You racing regionals this weekend?

I look at RTR, or even prebuilt like this....What is better a drive thru hamburger or one you make yourself?

Depends on the chef/cook, no?
Just because someone made it for you doesn't make it bad automatically, unless you know an excellent cook? But the drive thru is cheaper and more convenient! Once in a while you have to go inside to fix the screw up though, if your not miles away!!!

That sums up the entire RTR market.

Easy to get going, worry about figuring it out once it is broken.

LOL, Jim
gearheadz80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:59 AM   #172
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gearheadz80
what's an english pop singer got to do with r/c?
Losi 22
Losi 810-e
B&T R/C - http://b-treman-rc.valp.net/btrchome.htm

Last edited by dirtracer1; 11-14-2006 at 06:16 AM.
dirtracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:12 AM   #173
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

i'm not trying to bash anything, but this truck seems like its stuck between markets, I realize the basher market is huge, much bigger than the racer market, but I can't see a race bred truggy being a huge hit in the basher market, and most bashers/new guys dont really care what kind of car it is, they jsut want everything in one box, with as little work as possible, and as cheap as possible, with this truck, its still going to take an hour or two to install the engine and radio, my dad owns a hobby shop, and just from what we have sold, thats what i've seen, people come in and just say, i want a truck, they dont care what it is, they just want a truck, so to me a full RTR would have made alot more sence, I dont know how many times people have come in and bought a truck, and then when we told them they would have to charge the starter batteries, and do all the little things that you have to to get the truck going, they get all angry because they just wanted to go drive the truck right now, they would fire it up in the parking lot before they left if they could, so if they have to go home and do all that extra work . . .

but then when you look at the racer market, for $100 - $200 less you can get a Pro level kit from another company, thats quite alot less, that buys you good servos, or tires and fuel for the season, or something pretty for the wife ,

obviously thgouh there are people who have been waiting for this truck, and would buy it if you had to buy everything in pieces to build a complete truck, they dont care how it comes, but then again like was said, they would have bought a full RTR, and then when a kit came out, they would buy that too,

it will deffinatly be interesting to see how this truck sells thgouh, you deffinatly have to give props to losi/horizon for thinking outside of the box,
bobf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:55 AM   #174
Tech Master

This is a tuff one for me. I know Losi knows what they are doing. Again I truely enjoy building kits it's one of my favorite parts of the hobby. Look at the Revo though guys. How many of those have been sold and raced? How many were ever offered in a kit form?
rdeppen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:45 AM   #175
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Traxxas makes kits????

R40Victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:10 AM   #176
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

2 full pages of debate over the kit being assembled, who care not a big one. lets get back to the rumors
SuperDaveNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:27 AM   #177
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SuperDaveNT
2 full pages of debate over the kit being assembled, who care not a big one. lets get back to the rumors
Best post yet!
Tony Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:36 AM   #178
Tech Regular

I wonder if it will be come with metric or imperial screws????? Guess it doesn't matter since it comes pre-built. haha
Hot Bodies, HPI, Novak Electronics, JR Propo, Lunsford, Skipgear.com, Planet R/C, Vinyl Graphics Unlimited, JConcepts, B-Mods Racing, CRCRC, King's R/C Raceway, Avid R/C, GMK Supply, & Pacific Coast Hobbies.
SlobbaTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:55 AM   #179
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
Would they walk up to the quater back man to man and tell him how much he sucks?
In Philly fans will....no doubt about it! Hell, in Philly players might even be victims of snowball bombardment....of course the snowball attack would come from the crowd though....

Doug D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 09:00 AM   #180
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Just come out with the truck already!! I'll be practicing with mine at the track, while all the will be disassembling and reassembling their new trucks...

Last edited by Doug D; 11-14-2006 at 09:21 AM.
Doug D is offline   Reply With Quote