Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gas Truck Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 11:14 PM
TNB
Tech Adept

Here are a couple of photos that I took--hundreds more to go, but the are turning.

Old 09-28-2006, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If you look at the complete results, you'll see that Scott Hughes, Adam Drake, Mark Pavidas and Cody King all had very close lap times. Adam and Mark did break into the 29's a couple times. But Scott was laying down some crazy consistent low 30's. After the race they found out he stripped out a wheel hex, but he still kept the truck on rails. Scott will only get faster with the truck the more he drives it. This was the first big race he had with it. Same with Adam Drake and the new Losi 8ight-T. The truck he ran and Travis were still sporting proto-type pre-production parts. It will be dialed when it comes out. It also appears that we may see a ST-R SP1 with longer chassis, wheel adapters and a few other running changes. All three trucks are great vehicles and at this level its more about the driver, some luck and equipment that stays together. On this day, Scott was the best driver, had the best equipment and is the National Champ.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Tony, True Dat! haha

Scott has been very fast for years now, I remember him winning the WinterChamps in Mod truck way back when!

What he is doing now is phenominal, Silver state win with NO Practice, Nats win with No Practice!!! I hear too many guys complaining about not getting enough practice, doesn't seem to hurt Scott!

Jason Ruona also likes to show up at Florida State Series races and win with No Practice, not the same as Nats, but with 180+ entries, not bad.

These guys got some skillz!

...Jim
Old 10-26-2006, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Why is gas truck not popular compared to 1/8 scale? Are there only the Losi and Associated trucks to choose from anymore as far as competitive racing goes?
Old 10-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

A/E and TL are the only companies making competitive trucks for the 2wd 1/10th category right now.

I think the low turn out is due to the fact that alot of racers like to talk about how good they are, but can't actually control a 2wd truck very well. The 2wd gas trucks show your ability very well.

Not to mention aggressive driving in the class usually leads to DNF's....alot of guys apparently don't like to lift for turns or other vehicles during a race, so a DNF isn't much fun. This leads to racers running cars built like tanks, but far more speed and noise, which is also cool!

I do know that EVERY race locally and most nationally is won by racers with an Electric and/or gas truck background, most are still racing electric and gas truck now!

, Jim
Old 10-27-2006, 04:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thats ashame, I think 1/10 truck is really a fun and competitive class since its a challenge just to drive the truck.