Wiki Posts
Search

XXX-4 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default XXX-4 Questions

I just got an XXX-4 in a trade and it needs a little work but seems to have some potential. Can some one tell me a good place to get parts and info on this buggy. Also, is it possible to run 1/8th buggy tires on it or is that too big?
Old 09-19-2006, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Here is a great place to get parts for your XXX-4.

www.losipartshouse.com

If you do not have the G+ version I would upgrade to the graphite front a-arms used on the G+. They are almost indestructable. Also a good upgrade is to go to the G+ style shock towers and relocate the rear shocks to the rear of the rear a-arms instead of the front. This was a change done when losi put out the G+ version of the car. The only other things I would do is to get an aluminum front and rear pivot. The stock graphite pivots break easy.

It would not be a good idea to put 1/8 scale buggy wheels on this buggy. Use the 1/10 scale Losi rims designed for it. With the choices that Losi and Proline offers for tires you will not have a problem hooking up.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the great info Sport10!!
Old 09-20-2006, 11:16 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

You may also want to learn how to make your own tires as there are popular tires (like ifmar pins) that losi no longer makes a 4wd front for. A good selection to have would be losi's Ifmar studs front and rear, proline holeshots front and rear. Its all dependent of course on what kind of surface you run, but for rough soft stuff and more general firm use, those two seem to be good starting points.

Good luck with your XXX-4 and most of all just have fun with it.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:44 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Cain. At this point I have no real plans to race it. Just run it around my home. Mainly on grass, gravel and pavement.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Thumbs up one way diff

Anyone want to take a stab at explaning the running difference between the stock diff and a one way? Also do you guys overdrive the front diff or is the stock set up most common?..thanks
Old 09-21-2006, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

You'll find tons of info on all 4WDs at www.4wdrc.com . I think there's a discussion of 1-Ways somewhere on that forum.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

A front oneway allows the front wheels to roll during braking and off power. This allows the 4wd to turn-in more like a 2wd. On acceleration the oneway locks and acts like a spool giving better traction. A oneway usually make the car handle sharper and have better drive out of the corners. This also could make the car harder to drive if you are not use to a sharp handling car.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hey ..Thanks for the info in the site and the breakdown on the one way..That is exactly what I am experiening...used to 2wd trucks and the snap turns....got the 3x and have to learn a new method of turning....I'll look for a one way....great info....