Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Sportwerks Turmoil Pro vs Hyper 8 Pro Buggy, Race quality? >

Sportwerks Turmoil Pro vs Hyper 8 Pro Buggy, Race quality?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sportwerks Turmoil Pro vs Hyper 8 Pro Buggy, Race quality?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

www.sgrid.com has a forum. You have to be a subscriber to view it now. Maybe I'm just spoiled by rctech.net's layout but I thiink sgrid is AWFUL. It's hard to read and there is so many offtopic posts on there it's nearly useless. For example the first few pages of any topic are people posting "1,2,3,4,5" literally to add to their post count without adding anything informative.

Maybe someone can convince me I'm not using it right but, in my opinion, it's not worth the money to view.

PM the Turmoil expert since he revealed himself before you pony up for sgrid!

Here is an example of a thread. Later on they may be ontopic but you can tell there is barely any moderation int he conferences at all. This is how they start out:
Item 18: Sportwerks
Date: Sat, Dec 31, 2005 (22:07)

913 responses total.

Response 1:
Date: Sat, Dec 31, 2005 (23:35)

Response 2:
Date: Sun, Jan 1, 2006 (00:04)

Response 3:
Date: Sun, Jan 1, 2006 (00:25)

Response 4:
Date: Sun, Jan 1, 2006 (02:03)

Response 5:
Date: Sun, Jan 1, 2006 (22:57)

top 5!

Response 6:
Date: Sun, Jan 1, 2006 (23:18)

That makes you the 4th best looser!
Old 09-21-2006, 11:53 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks for saving me the trouble, I wouldn't pay for any forum of any kind anyway. I like this site best too, mostly racers, unlike most other boards...
Old 09-21-2006, 11:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default ???

S-GRID is free. I have been using S-GRID for a couple of years now and yes there are a few thet get way off the toppic but for the most part if you ask questions, you get answers. I always look around in here also to see if anyone has any Sportwerks questions, ask away.

P.S. And yes I run for Sportwerks.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:02 PM
Tech Addict

It's not free now. From the sgrid conference front pages.

The biggest problem with on-line forums and conferences is anonymous people who sit behind their keyboards, typing things to create problems, knowing that they are anonymous and aren’t responsible for what they write. SGrid Online wanted to encourage knowledgeable people to participate in the forums and conferences, without them being bothered when some mindless jerk posts things simply to annoy them. We wanted a higher standard for the forums and conferences, and to do this we needed to make people responsible for what they post. We needed a means of validating people, and after looking at many options, a ‘paypal’ receipt seemed to be the easiest way to let people verify that they are who they say they are. Once you sign up for SGrid Online, you will then be able to create your Backtalk Conferencing Account. There are some other options being considered, where members of other racing groups would be provided access, but that is not finalized at the present time.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

pinneackel

just drive 5000/7000/2000
Old 09-21-2006, 02:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

S-grid is very cliqueish but there is no other place where more people/racers who are "in the know". New products, parts or manufacturers rumors are usually posted there first. That stated, there are some really unpleasant and annoying people there also.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Brian, do you run the Turmoil fuel tank or something different? I've been having a hard time with my motors ever since i got the Turmoil.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default tank

Yes, I run the stock tank with no problems.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

retat, Try a new tank they are not expensive and if it isn't the tank you will still have a spare. Also if you are using the stock fuel filter thing on either the pressure line or fuel line some of them had too small of an o-ring and if tightened down so they wouldn't leak they would squish out and leak real bad. I found a little thicker o-ring for ours and it solved the issue.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Brian the 8ight is built and ready to race but I think we will get rained out for Saturday at Glitchers
Old 09-22-2006, 06:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Troy, if you have any 8 setup insights please post them up on the 8 thread. I got one ready to go for Sat. also. Plleeaassee don't rain. As far as turmoil vs. hyper, I don't know which one's better but I know I've seen Derek and Brian drive their turmoils stupid fast.