Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Duratrax Evader

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 12:51 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

so how are people doing racing there evaders?

I have seen several at various tracks, buggy and trucks, and i think that if you sit down, give them a teardown and rebuild when they are new some of the issues can be resolved or found right there.

if got one of these in, I wouldn't be opposed to runing it.

Looking forward tohearing how people are doing racing wise with there evaders.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

well i havent heard anyone racing evaders in a professional level like cav , tebo , and MF, but as far as club racing, i know many people across the country that race them and all types of classes, some win and some dont. But your right when you say tear down the truck and build it back up, not that i have done it but my truck, it is pretty solid right now and i got some pretty good upgrades on it to race it. But around me the nearest dirt track is over an hour away so i dont really race it much. But i did find a local club that is about 30 minutes from me that race St's on asphault with a jump in it. kinda cool. im getting set up for that with a motor and batteries to race in it.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:59 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Heck, doing "offroad" on asphalt with jumps can be nice, less dirt to clean which isn't a bad thing.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:10 AM
Tech Regular

for me it has to be dirt .... cant beat a offroad where the dirt flys with the buggys lol
Old 09-23-2006, 08:39 AM
Tech Adept

i agree i love throwing my truck around in the dirt. but in my geographical area of queens NY there is no dirt track near me. closest one is over 60 miles away. and with gas prices these days and me owning a suv it gets pricey and sways me from going. but luckily theres touring car closer.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:35 PM
Tech Adept

forum has been quite for a few days, i know you guys have questions in regards to your evaders. im all ears so ask away
Old 10-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Back to the forum after my first 4 tanks...

Hi again.

I did it...... I tried my Nitro ST for the first time this week end.

I had some trouble starting it... had to do a LOT of adjustment to the carb (the fun thing when you start without any knowledge....LOL)

But it did start after 1/2 hour of 'trial & error'....

So I did run for 4 full tanks, then.........I ran into my real car tire.......outch... I broke the front right suspension arm....DARN...........

This is the kind of stupid thing you do when you used to drive an electric buggy then upgrade to nitro....

This truck is soooooooo fast.......

I got a couple of questions now:
1. my engine ran between 165 & 210 degrees, is that to high?
2. I would like to add some weight in the front, any suggestions?
3. 1 tank would last for about 10 minutes, is that normal ?

Oh, I almost forgot, I did upgrade both servos to Hi-Torque/Ball Bearing. I found some Cirrus servos at a canadian hobby shop, 10.00$each. I never heard about this brand, but I'm happilly surprised about the result. It solved my steering problem.

Another thing, about the radio. I use the Duratrax AM radio, which I have no opinion about.... I used to have a 2PH Futaba AM one in the past that I loved. So I upgrade if I only bash around ?

I will post some pics later this week of my damaged truck.....

Michel
Old 10-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Engine question

Another thing I forgot to ask:

I HATE the Recoil starter on this engine..... Is there an easy way to take it out and replace it with something else ?

Thanks

Michel
Old 10-10-2006, 05:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Some others pics...

Some pics from scratch to finish...

1. This is what I bought...

2. In the process of building the truck...

3. Almost finished...

4. Now with the White Body...

5. And now, after the accident.....LOL

Now, I'm waiting for the replacement parts I ordered.......

Michel
Old 10-10-2006, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

hey thanks for your post,I did the reverse of you i had a nitro stadium truck and sold it at a huge loss and got into electrics, lol. OK i will try to help you as much as i can. the engine temps yes thats the normal temps, try to keep it under 250. i never had a weight issue with my truck but i guess you can put lead weights on them, they sell them at tower hobbies. Also a tank of fuel should last you about 10 to 15 minutes depends how your running it, rich or lean, and how aggressive you are also with it.
As far the recoil starter, honestly that goes both ways some people hate them and some like them its just how its assembled i guess from the factory. But i would do a search for it at tower, i think they do sell recoil starters from other manufactures for . 18 motors... i mean i know they do for the OS engines. so give it a shot

the radio you have is fine for bashing but if you see problems with it like lost communication, and you want to get a better radio for better range and more features, get your self a decent FM radio. you can find a cheap decent one for about 100$ like the hiteck agressor srx thats a good 3 channel FM radio. And IN my opinion if you want the best bang for the buck get your self a spektrum dx3. you will get great features and crazy long range. Ive gotten my truck so far once it looked like a dot. seriously i coudnt tell anymore if it was facing me or not, lol....
Old 10-12-2006, 11:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys. If you really want to tighten up the sloppy susppension on your evader convert all the ball cups to ball links and add a small rubber washer under the remaining cups. It tightend mine up by a good 90%. I had to modify a little but it was well worth the work plus no more ball cups popping off.

Last edited by RAZ49; 10-13-2006 at 07:12 AM.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

yeah ive heard some good stuff about the evader. my friend has a pro and ive raced him before. i have a little edge over him just cause of nicer parts. but all in all his truck is great and i like them
Old 10-20-2006, 06:23 PM
Tech Adept

hey raz thats a great idea in regards to tightening up the suspesion. would you happen to know which washers you used to get that done?
Old 10-21-2006, 06:49 AM
Tech Initiate

I used the DT 3 mm shock seals that I had, at least they work good for something (lol). You can use them where the links won't fit like the tie rod but it will make the steering a little tighter so it doesn't want to self center as well as it used to. It's not noticble when driving though, only setting still.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Nitro Engine question

Hi again.

Ok, got a couple of questions about the Engine:

1. Is it possible to take out the crank and use a drill-start system ?

2. What engine could replace the Duratrax .18 ?

3. I'm using a regular glow-plug in mine, what are the suggestions for a good glow plug ?

Thanks in advance

Michel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.