Originally Posted by straightaway
How much do I tighten the slipper clutch nut on a losi xxxCR? I am doing tighting all the way, then back out 1/4 turn. Is that good? I run at socal raceway.
Thanks in advance.
My slipper is only about a turn in from flush and I race at SoCal all the times. Here is how to set your slipper with a mod.
1. Have the car and radio on.
2. Make sure the slipper is loose and not tight to start.
3. Hold the radio with you throttle hand, and push it down on the left rear tire.
4. Hold the right rear down with your right hand.
5. Pull full throttle quickly for about 1 sec.
6. If set properly, the front wheels should come off the table 1-2 inches.
7. If it is loose, tighten 1/4 turn, repeat.
For stock, you can set it this way, but the motor will not have the power to pick the car up. Therefore, when the slipper/motor sound like they are barely slipping and struggling a bit, it is tight enough.
Hope this helps.