Wiki Posts
Search

best tool set strategy for MF2?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default best tool set strategy for MF2?

I looked around and didn't see anything conclusive- the duratrax 30$ set doesn't have the sizing i need and if i got the integy set, i'd still have to get nut drivers.

What do you guys suggest as a nice combo to handle nut and hex driver duties on my xxx-t that is <50-60 dollars?

I am not interested in paying 100 dollars for 7 tools hehe. The losi units are nice, but....that is big money.

I am looking for a relatively deep well nut driver set with
3/16
1/4
11/32
3/8
The integy set is missing the 3/8

also, hardened tip hex drivers in
3/32
1/16

thanks!
Old 10-18-2006, 10:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Even though the Integy set includes more wrenches and are cheaper the small ones break off very easy on the tips. My buddy got the set off the Tower website on sale cheap and two of the small ones are already broken. I personally like the dynamite replaceable tip ones and the knurled handles are much more "grippy" in your hand then the Integy. The Integy are color coded in anodize which is nice. If you want a really nice set for losi get the Losi ones. They are awesome and come in a nice little carrying case.

Good luck, Chad
Old 10-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

I say get the Losi set. It is not as expensive as you think. Around 35.00 to 40.00 dollars a set. You need to have a 5/64 hex screwdriver too. You can get the losi sets for this price at Losi parts house.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sport10
I say get the Losi set. It is not as expensive as you think. Around 35.00 to 40.00 dollars a set. You need to have a 5/64 hex screwdriver too. You can get the losi sets for this price at Losi parts house.
thanks for the input. im curious, what do i need the 5/64 for? i am not sure because i called losi and they said just the other 3 hex drivers, sans 5/64.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Alot of the HD ballstuds like losi's titanium ball stud and their new HD ballstuds on the XXX-CR use the 5/64 hex driver. Any good set should include this driver.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The 5/64" also works with 3mm motor screws with button heads, some servo screws, and endbell screws on some motors.