R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Which Car is best??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/128936-car-best.html)

kenny f 09-11-2006 01:28 AM

Which Car is best???

Hey guys,

I know that this has prob been asked a thousand times before but which car would you guys say is the best electric 1/10 4wd buggy??? The reason for this question is because currently i race 1/10 onroad touring cars and i think the sceene over here in scotland is going to change off road so i thought i would look for some advice on whats the sh!t so to speak so any replys would be greatfull

Cheers Kenny F

RaceAce701 09-11-2006 08:35 AM

Losi xx-4 or bj4 both are a solid choice

Frank Root 09-11-2006 10:06 AM

I would say, (in order)

BJ4, Yokomo, Kyosho.

But other things have to be taken in to account, like parts availability (ad Losi) setup help (ad BJ4, Losi), which wheel fit (disadvantage Kyosho).........

sport10 09-11-2006 10:14 AM

You forgot the X-Factory X-5. It has the XX-4 suspension and a single belt drivetrain like the XXX-4. This car is well designed and easily as good as the BJ4.

Frank Root 09-11-2006 10:19 AM

Don't forget, the BJ4 Worlds Edition has won EVERY major race since (and Including) the 05 Worlds. Hard to argue with that.

sport10 09-11-2006 11:10 AM

Except for the Nationals last year which was won by the X-5. The X-5 turned the most consistant laps of the entire field that day. The car is also winning quite a bit in europe too. The car has as much potential as the Bj4 WE. You really cannot base race results on how good a car is because the driver has alot to do with it. I am willing to bet that if Travis Americuz was allowed by Losi to run the X-5 as a choice he would upset the BJ4's winning streak.

llamont 09-11-2006 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by kenny f
Hey guys,

I know that this has prob been asked a thousand times before but which car would you guys say is the best electric 1/10 4wd buggy??? The reason for this question is because currently i race 1/10 onroad touring cars and i think the sceene over here in scotland is going to change off road so i thought i would look for some advice on whats the sh!t so to speak so any replys would be greatfull

Cheers Kenny F

How much money are you looking to spend?

Loren

dirtracer1 09-11-2006 10:24 PM

i've owned more than my share of 4wd's including the xx-4 (original and graphite versions), the xxx-4 (original and graphite versions), the original bj4 and the current bj4 worlds edition.

there is only one choice.....the jconcepts bj4 worlds edition. simple layout, easy to work on, customer service second to none, fast replys from tech support and exceptionally fast shipping on parts......not to mention just how darn easy it is to drive, drive fast and win. it's supper smooth on every type of track from blue groove to rough tracks. you won't be dissapointed.

Frank Root 09-12-2006 09:33 AM

I second that notion!

kenny f 09-12-2006 09:57 AM

Hey guys thanks for the advice, am just goin away to look in to them now

cheers kenny f

Manning 09-12-2006 11:51 AM

Too bad BJ4's are only available used.....unless you want to wait for 6 months +.........

Randy Pike 09-12-2006 11:44 PM

The BJ4 is a great car in both Worlds and non Worlds trim. Problem for me is the waiting list. I went with the Yokomo and can't complain one bit. By far the easiest car I've ever built. Everything fits perfectly and finish second to none. Now that the BJ4WE doesn't use hardly any B4 parts for suspension it doesn't have the appeal(to me) that it once had...

Shadows 09-13-2006 01:38 AM

just to be differnet... how bout the ZX5. for the same price of a BJ4WE (if u can get one new) you can have ZX5, plus hop ups, plus spares :)

offroader 09-13-2006 04:17 AM

I am interested in a new xx4, but heard they cook stock motors. ??

sport10 09-13-2006 06:51 AM

It is funny how the Yokomo's suspension almost mirrors the xx-4. That is because the XX-4's suspension has not been surpassed by any car since its design. That is why team losi brought it back for last years worlds. The guys at Xfactory are just a good in customer service as J concepts. The big plus is there is not a huge waiting list to get their car. I have driven the Bj4 and agree it is a great car. But, it is not the be all that it is put up to be. There are other cars out that can match it's in performance now. The X-5 is one of them. The Yokomo also looks good to.

Offroader,

If you are considering the XX-4 and want to run stock motors then look at the X5. It uses the same exact suspension as the XX-4 but has a single belt drivetrain instead of the 3 belt setup the XX-4 has. The X-5 was designed to combine the best of losi's two 4wd buggies. The did a great job on the car. It is very easy to work on too. This car has so much more steering than the XXX-4 it is crazy. Also, the cheapest way to get into an X5 is to have a XX-4 and buy the 229.00 conversion for it. There is also a conversion available for the XXX-4 for all of you sick of the XXX-4's lack of steering and rough handling capability.