Wiki Posts
Search

Which Car is best???

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 08:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sport10
It is funny how the Yokomo's suspension almost mirrors the xx-4. That is because the XX-4's suspension has not been surpassed by any car since its design. That is why team losi brought it back for last years worlds. The guys at Xfactory are just a good in customer service as J concepts. The big plus is there is not a huge waiting list to get their car. I have driven the Bj4 and agree it is a great car. But, it is not the be all that it is put up to be. There are other cars out that can match it's in performance now. The X-5 is one of them. The Yokomo also looks good to.

Offroader,

If you are considering the XX-4 and want to run stock motors then look at the X5. It uses the same exact suspension as the XX-4 but has a single belt drivetrain instead of the 3 belt setup the XX-4 has. The X-5 was designed to combine the best of losi's two 4wd buggies. The did a great job on the car. It is very easy to work on too. This car has so much more steering than the XXX-4 it is crazy. Also, the cheapest way to get into an X5 is to have a XX-4 and buy the 229.00 conversion for it. There is also a conversion available for the XXX-4 for all of you sick of the XXX-4's lack of steering and rough handling capability.
thansk a lot for the tips. what are the weakest aprts of the x5? what should i buy as spares? where can i get a x5 for the best price? I have not xx4 to start with.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Funny to see the MRC buggy not mentioned in this thread, the V2 buggy has been doing well in UK.. I also think the X-5 is definately a vulnerable choice great value for dollar..

The bottom line is with the right driver just about anything has a chance
Old 09-13-2006, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Go to www.4wdrc.com to check out the X-5. You have the option of buying an entirely new car, upgrading a XX-4, or upgrading a XXX-4. Any of the three options will result in the same car. After adding the B3 front brace the car is very durable. Its track handling is second to none with the excellent rocket-like acceleration of the XXX-4 to boot. The belt drive system is very durable and is pretty maintainence free. All you have to do is clean the bearings every once in a while and inspect the belt and replace if neccessary. The belt does not need to be replaced very often. The english oneway that they sell is one of the best made and almost bulletproof. This car does not need a oneway to turn well though. As for weaknesses there was a problem in the past with the front a-arms breaking but that has been fixed. You can either buy the little fix they sell or fill in the outside triangle in the arms with epoxy. I did the epoxy method and it works great. The fix they sell is the one that Jesse Robbers came up with.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

In my opinion the best car for the dollar is the MRC/Academy V2. The new optional graphite conversion kit makes the car super dialed as well. Check out www.modelrectifier.com for more details.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:37 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I would say for out of the box, you probably can't go wrong with the BJ4 or the ZX5 as well as the X5. I have heard of people really liking the ZX5 and it doesn't come with alot of stuff out of the box. Only thing has been durability.

As for the Academy SB V2, out of the box it needs a couple of things. But once you do those things especially on american tracks as it has alittle more flex than some of the other vehicles it works really well. Main things it needs are alloy shocks, titanium turnbuckles, and 2 orings in the rear dogbones. You also need to use a longer center steering link so you can get full steering throw. But after doing this, it handled as well or better than my SB Pro ever did and this is considering it wasn't even fully setup.

There are alot of choices out there, all good and each have there own quirks. Me, I wanted durability, and the SB's series is tops on that, especially the suspension. If you also like shaft drive, the SB's have that as well.

Hopefully they will make an SB V2 pro all out racer.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i have an SB V1 with spare parts i can sell for prety cheap. the car has been ran very little and is virtually spotless with only scratches on the bumper. PM me if youre interested. might sell my Pro version as well.

Matt