Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Rebuilding O.S 12 CVR >

Rebuilding O.S 12 CVR

Rebuilding O.S 12 CVR

Old 09-05-2006, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Rebuilding O.S 12 CVR

Anyone have any tips on how to go about rebuilding my engine? Also does anyone have a part number for the pistion and sleeve?
Old 09-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Most local hobby shops have an OS book with part #'s that you can look though. I would suggest that. Piston and sleeve and bearings should top your list. Also some new o-rings in the cars is also a good idea.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yodace
Anyone have any tips on how to go about rebuilding my engine? Also does anyone have a part number for the pistion and sleeve?
Tower hobbies piston and sleeve

What's wrong with your piston and sleeve? You can get them resized if they aren't scratched up or broken. Google search rayaracing and shoot him an email. $23 bux will get it done and shipped back to you within a week. I've done a few of them and they are like new or better than new.

Best tips are when reassembling use orange sensorsafe rtv from auto parts store to seal it up. Seal the backplate, thin bead under the carb, and also around the fuel nipple where the fuel line hooks up to the highspeed needle.