R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Why isn't there fuel going to my engine? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/1273-why-isnt-there-fuel-going-my-engine.html)

B3boy 11-03-2001 01:18 PM

Why isn't there fuel going to my engine?

Just today I wanted to bring out my car and drive it, but when I tried to start it, the fuel wasn't going throught the fuel line. I have a fuel filter so I cleaned that good and it still didn't work. so I took of the whole fuel line to the carb. and messed with it, but nothing I did worked helped. If you know how to fix this problem, plese help me. Thanks

:tire: :)

KerryG 11-07-2001 09:20 AM

This could be several reasons, most of them are fairly simple.

1. Check all the fuel lines including the one to the pipe and make sure there are no cracks. I had a RC10GT that was having a similar problem and $2 worth of new fuel line had it running like new again.

2. Make sure the seal on the fuel tank is seeling good, if it is leaking air, you may not be getting any pressure to push the fuel through.

Put you finger over the exhaust while you try to start it and see if you see fuel going through the lines. That will tell you if you are lossing pressure somewhere. You might also want to pull the glow plug and make sure it isn't flooded.

B3boy 11-10-2001 09:25 AM

Thanks, I think I will buy some more fuel line and replace the old stuff. Hopefully that works thanks.:) :tire:

8ightScale/CJP 03-27-2007 04:27 AM

Needles can be set too lean also!

MADMAN23 03-27-2007 06:20 AM

did you get it fire up...

GroffBall 03-27-2007 07:20 AM

Considering this post is 6 years old I'm sure he got it fired.

I think somone is trying to boost their post count. :rolleyes:

Snipesr82 03-27-2007 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by GroffBall

wow that has to be some kind of record :D. 6 years(dang).

satoch 03-27-2007 10:27 AM

I race with this guy in Joliet, IL. He still hasn't figured out how to get a nitro motor started! LOL!!!

8ightScale/CJP 03-29-2007 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by GroffBall

:blush: :lol:
I didn't even notice the date :rolleyes:

joe of loath 03-29-2007 04:42 AM

how the hell did you find it? the threads are in chronological order

8ightScale/CJP 03-30-2007 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by joe of loath
how the hell did you find it? the threads are in chronological order

Who cares about the dates. We post on these threads to try and help other racers right ;)

Besides, this guy could have been in a coma, and decided to check back on this thread for an answer to his question :lol: :lol: :lol: