Community
Wiki Posts
Search

removing a flywheel. help plz?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 03:01 AM
Tech Addict

Default removing a flywheel. help plz?

just wondering how i go about removing my flywheel from my motor so i can replace it with a newer one any help is much welcomed also how do i go about putting the newer one on once ive removed the old one with out a flywheel tool?
Old 08-26-2006, 03:20 AM
Tech Adept

Location: I dont race that LST anymore I'm Just to lazy to change my Screen name

the only "nice" way of doing it would be to find a small flywheel puller...

but me....I just take the end of my ratchet that I used to take the flywheel nut off with.....and beat the thing until it pops off...just be careful not to hit the block...

Or a plastic hammer if ya have one. But since ya got a new flywheel i wouldn't worry about "hurting" your old one.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Default flywheel

WOW WOW WOW WOW DO NOT BEAT YOUR CAR MOTOR OR ANYTHING ELSE RELATED TO R/C. with that said i am assuming your using something to stop the piston from moving while your doing this. like a piston stop tool that screws in where the glow plug is, or a folded over large zip tie thats fits in the exhaust port to stop the piston from moving. it takes time to find but you could also use a wood plug to put in the motor under the head to stop piston from moving. once you have that done with a pair of channel locks or pliers you can turn the flywheel to work it off the shaft. and with a new collet(which never remove the flywheel without replacing it) install new flywheel and install clutch and such and tighten nut. then remove whatever you used to stop piston movement.

good luck