R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-19-2006, 10:45 AM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default Carb setup?

hiya this will sound very stupid but im a newbie here! basically i have a tamiya ndf01 chassis that works great, the engine has been broken in etc and it runs fine. however the problem lies with the throttle servo which seems to be a bit dodgy, when i push the throttle full in and let it out the engine idles really slowly and cuts out, however when i apply full brake and let the brake off it runs perfectly fine, it just seems to idle really slowly when i pull full throttle and let it go.

iv inspected the servo and what seems to happen is when i pull throttle open fully it twists the horn so far round it twists the place the throttle linkage attaches to the horn, should it be like this? it doesnt return to its original position until i apply full brakes and then the same happens with the brakes, sorry if this doesnt make sense i have attached a picture to try and show what i mean. im basically wondering if this is what should happen and if possible how to adjust the idle speed of when the throttle is pushed full in and then released.

Im pretty certain though that the problem lies with the servo..

notice the position of the throttle linkage on the horn before and after when the full brake is applied.
Attached Thumbnails
Carb setup?-after-brake.jpg   Carb setup?-before-brake.jpg  
jamiem1987 is offline   Reply With Quote