Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XXX-4 G+ OR ZX-5

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 05:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Inferno, From my understanding the original BJ4 is available. You just have to order it like the WE edition. I have both the BJ4(orginal) and the XXX4 and I can tell you the BJ4 is a much higher quality car than the Losi. I don't think that parts availability is an issue either.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

1. Parts support for the BJ4 is superior to even the larger manufacturers. Jason Ruona ships parts out like a robot. It's unreal.

2. The original BJ4 is still available. It's not easier to work on than the WE, however. In fact, the build is a little easier because you don't have to file the battery slots on the WE. Also, the WE's handling is smoother.

3. The achilles heel of the G+ is the front carriers. They break under even the slightest stresses. Why Losi has not released heavier duty carriers (or even aluminum) is beyond me. On smooth tracks, the G+ drives well, but it's a very frustrating car to own. The pivot blocks are also somewhat fragile, but not nearly as bad as the carriers. The BJ4, on the other hand, is a tank. Other than the occassional a-arm (and even that's rare), it simply doesn't break. Lastly, the slipper on the G+ isn't consistent. It has the tendancy to work itself loose during races. Not fun.