R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   a good reliable .21 nitro engine any advise?? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/125841-good-reliable-21-nitro-engine-any-advise.html)

downunder23 08-16-2006 10:46 PM

a good reliable .21 nitro engine any advise??

hi i have an sh .21 nitro engine which has lost compression and am looking for a good reliable .21 race engine for a reasonably small race track so im guessing a 3 port will do the trick.
anyone know of any good tho not to pricy engines i could use or even maybe a good cheap engine somthing that is really good for the cheap price im not to concerned on the exact power and top speed as long as its average is what i am after is consistancy without any bogging down like my dard engine does and somthing that will idle well so it doesnt stall before races.
i might be a bit picky but theres gotta be a good engine out there for me for a reasonable price.
thanks for looking any advise or experiences of these .21 engines is much appreciated feel welcome to share your opinions on certain engines any info would be sweet..

arghh 08-17-2006 02:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
STS D21E - New Economy Series

Cylinder Contents : 3.48cc
Bore : 16.20mm
Stroke : 16.80mm
Crankshaft : 14mm SG type
Carburetor : 2 Needles Slide 8 mm
Piston / Sleeve : ABC 3Port
Glow-plug : Standard

downunder23 08-17-2006 02:39 AM

ok looks good thanks is it good price?

Turbo Joe 08-17-2006 03:07 AM

OS Engines RG kicks ass. $109 from Tower, idles all day, easy to tune and it's fast. I had about had it with my buggy until I got the RG. Even comes with a nice filter and a glowplug.

I have about a gallon on it, including break-in on the same glowplug. :D

bobf24 08-17-2006 06:28 AM

deffinatly the RG, just make sure you get the proper crank on it, I made the mistake of getting the threaded shaft when I needed the pilot shaft :blush:

schmelme 08-17-2006 08:41 AM

Novarossi n21bf 3 port or an rb 3port retail for around 150.00 Cant beat the italians when it comes to nitro.

Turbo Joe 08-17-2006 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by schmelme
Novarossi n21bf 3 port or an rb 3port retail for around 150.00 Cant beat the italians when it comes to nitro.

I beat the Italians all the time with my $109 OS. :D

It was those fine Italian motors that almost made me go back to electric. :lol: $109 for the motor, including a glowplug and filter...AND it's reliable. From what I hear, all the fast buggy guys are going "east" now. ;)

NP-1 08-17-2006 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by schmelme

Hell yes.

I have the Hot Mod version and its kicks serious ass on a short track. Thr RG is also a great engine for the 1/8th n00b too.

Rysuleod 08-18-2006 09:51 AM

The O.S. RG has been working well for me but I'm a nitro noob. It's hard to beat the price too like the above poster suggested.

I've also been told that the RB S3 works well. It's a little more expensive than the O.S., but you'll have an option.

RB S3 link:
http://www.rbproducts.com/mainEn.php...oduit=01005-S3

Z_Schneider 08-18-2006 06:39 PM

If you want cheap get an O.S. RG. It actually keeps up with the high dollar engines. I have an RB WS7II and the RG's out at my track can keep up on the high end. They dont have tons of low end power but you dont always need that. Great engine but get one fast I think they are being discontinued!

WheelNut 08-18-2006 06:48 PM

Speaking from expirence, I can say the Hyper 21 race and the RB econo are great short track motors. Very reliable, easy to tune, and they aren't to expensive. My hyper has only stalled on me twice in the 6 gallons I used it as my main racing engine for.

tex1 08-20-2006 11:25 AM

OS RG is by far the best engine for the money. First off no one even comes close to the price. For the RB 3 port you can get two of these and always have a fresh one in your box.
If your track is slick or has tight hairpin turns then the RG will provide more than enough power without strain. At 240 degrees it will run with anything on our local track.
Novarossi also has two 3 ports available in the RB S3 and the new econo motor.
I would go with the RG though.
TEX

thecman26 08-20-2006 11:30 PM

Motor options

Well I am with you guys on this too... I say go with the OS RG... Thats what I have in my buggy and it rips! It will last a long time, is cheap, and it rips... Best of both worlds!

Lextek 08-22-2006 06:07 PM

I wasn't epecting much from the OS RG. Boy was I wrong. Great motor. Pretty fast, idles all day. Can't beat it for the price.

downunder23 08-22-2006 06:41 PM

cool because i just bought a second buggy and it has the rg with pipe in it with about a gallon thru it, i just got my sleeves pinched from my other 2 engines so ill be able to compare them all against the rg if its anything like the rz i think my old o.s is then ill be happy. power wise. i never got to see it idle very long so yeah im not sure on that rz engine it never ran properly sinse i bought it second hand. but when i accelerated omg some power......