R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Airtronics 94360 Servo.. HELP! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/125802-airtronics-94360-servo-help.html)

Bwadd2002 08-16-2006 06:44 PM

Airtronics 94360 Servo.. HELP!

Just got a second hand 94360 servo and installed it in my FT B4. This servo was almost new condition and ran well the last couple days super fast,and great torque. I nudged a fellow racer and my car started to go in circles one way. After pulling it off...

1. When speedo is on, the servo is locked, won't move at all, un-responsive to the radio, light clicking noise, the servo is actually moving by itself back to center, but ver very slow in a clicking motion.

2. Off power, the servo moves just as normal, no un-unsual noises, etc.. moves just kike new, no crunching of gears etc..

3. Servo is not hot.

Any ideas?? Any help would be appreciated, and if anyone knows Airtronics repair procedures etc.. please feel free to give me some feedback as to what I will expect, turn around time, customer service etc..

Any ideas and feedback would be appreciated.....

Thanks all in advance.

WheelNut 08-16-2006 07:12 PM

Something in the electronics is probably fried. Its more than likely that your only choice will be to send it in to Airtronics.

Johnny_S. 08-16-2006 07:20 PM

Not sure about second hand proecdures (unless you happen to have a receipt). I think it depends on the time of the year when its being sent in (one is like twice as long as the other).

Make sure that your servo isn't bound up with the ball cups connecting to the servo saver (I know ae cars have a habit of breaking the "fire wall" between the battery and the servo). Sometimes the battery pushes against the servo when you come to an abrupt stop.

octane3117 08-19-2006 11:41 PM

servos

stop wait dont freak out. there is a plastic gear in the servo part of the drive train to run the out put shaft. you can replace them and is very common on second hand servos for them to be bad or go out very soon. the come in a pack of two for about 5 bucks. then removet the four screws on the bottom of the case and carefully lift the top off and be sure to remove the gears in order, then replace the plastic gear and you should be good from there. if you do still have troubles then yes check you reciever and makes sure the plug is in all the way and that the reciever hasnt been bashed around. best way to check is put another servo in the steering plug and see how it works and if its fine you know you to replace the gear in the servo.

good luck

WheelNut 08-20-2006 01:47 AM

There is no plastic gear in the 94360, in the 94357 there is though.

tyreman 08-20-2006 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by WheelNut
There is no plastic gear in the 94360, in the 94357 there is though.

There is one hybrid plastic gear at the bottom of the gear set which can be replaced as I replaced mine a few weeks ago.

WheelNut 08-20-2006 03:01 AM

I stand corrected. A buddy of mine with a 360 told me it was all metal. I have yet to open one of mine up.

Turbo Joe 08-20-2006 11:22 AM

Metal gear upgrade

http://www.amainhobbies.com/images/medium/air99508.jpg

octane3117 08-20-2006 02:07 PM

servos

while yes a metal gear upgrade exsists you stand the chance of tearing up the servo motor. then your talking about replacing a 115 dollar servo for the sake of one bad run for a 3 dollar plastic gear is it worth it? thats up to you. certainly if it happens at a big event and cost you a good qual. run or a podem in the main then that sucks but still. those servos are not free either.

good luck

Turbo Joe 08-20-2006 11:31 PM

LOL...when you jump the car 10 feet in the air, there's a chance of a lot of things happening. Having a motor go out in some way doesn't cost $115...you can always send it in to Airtronics. I've had that gear in my car for months and I haven't had any problems with it at all. You don't even want to know what I've done to it. :eek: