R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-12-2006, 03:11 PM   #1
Tech Adept
Default Tekin/Mamba Brushless Confusion

Well I am looking to get a sweet brushless system for my XXX-T, I have heard lots about the new Tekin that it is supposed to be amazing, but the new Mamba Max looks awesome too, just so programmable with the castle link to your computer. What do you guys think the best brushless is to this day? Also, I was thinking of getting a 24 cell brick and making 3 8 cell 4800's or however big I could get, If I did that, I don't think I would be searching for more power, like with LiPO. I would love to go LiPO, but it's not necessary in my opinion.
RoostAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 03:58 PM   #2
Tech Adept

I was searching around on castle creations sight and came across some good looking esc's. What do you think about these http://www.castlecreations.com/products/phoenix-35.html

Old 08-12-2006, 09:22 PM   #3
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

Those are all plane ESC's. At this point you basically have 3 options for brushless in 1/10th. LRP sphere/Reedy Neo, Novak GTB/Velociti, and the Mamba Max. I really can not say I would even bother looking at anything else. Do yourself a favour and buy something that you cna get serviced, and it designed exculsively for cars.
•Brad Comis
WheelNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:24 PM   #4
Team Tekin

The new Tekin might be worth the wait. I've driven most of the current brushless systems out there and none have the "feel" of the Tekin. I'd say the closest was the LRP but the brakes didn't feel as linear as the Tekin. One thing you can know for sure is they will all be fast. I've seen the Novak be the most sensitive to heat and shutdowns. The Tekin will be every bit as programmable as the next guy but without the "need" for a cable,software, and a puter.

Tekin plans on multiple motors and Kv ratings. I'm confident that a Roar legal will be out also...
Randy Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:41 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Hmm, I might just have to get the Mamba Max then, I don't think I can wait for the tekin and the mamba is very programmable I think it would be cool to program it through my computer. Awesome
Old 08-13-2006, 03:48 AM   #6
Tech Apprentice

Go With the Mamba. It is available NOW, they have great customer service and it is hands down the MOST adjustable speedo you can buy. I have one and it feels JUST LIKE a brushed motor. You WILL NOT be let down by this product!

As for others, yes two are available now and one is REAL GOOD (LRP) and another is supposto come out "soon". But that soon thing would have me worried. They tend to delay and push back product releases all the time so you could be waiting until next super.
AETC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 03:17 PM   #7
Tech Addict

I have a novak ss5800 and a mamba max and they are both great running systems. The tekin is not out yet but when it does i'll try it. there are other options out there but nothing at the price of the mamba
crazyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 05:40 PM   #8
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

With the testing results ongoing and getting great ontrack results I am confident that the Tekin will be worth the weight.
Grandview Hobbies, HobbyWing, J-Concepts, Airtronics, LukeDawg Graphics, TQ Wire
DustinR is offline   Reply With Quote