Wiki Posts
Search

RB Concept C6 and Radical 621P

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 01:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default RB Concept C6 and Radical 621P

Anyone have experience with these motors? Gonna upgrade my motor and am thinking about these. The Radical is ~50.00 cheaper, I've seen them run at my local track and they appear to run well.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

get the fantom version instead of the radical, I think it is even cheaper and is modded from the factory.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

SInce I have had my C6BB I have loved it.

Great power, Low end and top are fantastic and I know it will last.
It does take about a gallon before it really comes alive.
Hope that helps,
-Shookie <><
Old 08-17-2006, 10:58 AM
Tech Rookie

the C5/6 are known entities and there are parts available. The 621P is getting some good press but is unknown in terms of durability and who has parts?
Old 08-17-2006, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The Fantom uses standard plugs and the Radical uses a turbo plug. The turbo plug engines spool up quicker and have a little more top end. I don't know much about the RB but I know the 621P is scary fast in a truggy.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:00 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Thumbs up RB C6

I know from first hand knowledge, a friend has a C6, that the C6 absolutely rips! That thing is hella fast even when its a lil on the fat side... The last races we went to, there wasn't even anyone close to him! And on the straights it sounded like it was going to blow up! Just sick fast motot... Kinda pricey! But well worth it, sad thing was that he was even getting 8 minute run times on a tank of fuel with more left in the tank at pit stop time! So, yeah I say go with the C6, you will be the envy of the track... I want one now! But the OS will have to suffice for now...
Old 08-18-2006, 11:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

LOL yeah Chris it does run. I would say get the c6, I ran a vspec with great success, but was afraid of what other peoples problems were so when time to buy another motor I bought a nova plus-5 which I still have and will become my weekly motor. but I thought I would also get the c6 with the 2045 rb pipe and 92mm header, I broke it in exactly by the book and like shookie said after around a gallon or so it flat rips. I live and do most of my racing here in Kansas and for weekly racing it is way to much motor. I cant really explain it cause the power on bottom all the way to the top is very very good but yet very easy to control. Like CMan said I am running the 8mm carb restrictor as well and getting between 8 and 9 minutes a tank. our air in Kansas with RB motors is different I have 2 other buddies with S7's and an S5 and we all are having to run these motors at factory settings or 3 hours richer on the top. I dont know why but they rip there and are for sure not fat. anyways sorry this is so long but I know how hard it is to make a decision with so many good motors out there. This combo is a little pricey but im very happy with the investment.