Old 10-16-2006, 09:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anybody has more news on this buggy?
Old 10-19-2006, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I got this off the Neo Buggy website.

"the TTR diff housing, steering and brake system will be used for the AE buggy. We have understood that initially a radical design was proposed but rejected due to high production costs.

Could these be the signs of the Associated / Thunder Tiger merger we were dreading after it going through? Or are they calculated risks??"

It will also use the TTR drivetrain. Essentially, rather than a whole new system, it'll be mostly Thunder Tiger re-branded with a few changes.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i wonder if Team losi has patened that design???? if so AE car will look like anyother car. let see what they will ...Bite (old school word) off of losi. IE shock or shock tower design, etc. as long as it dosent look like team magic's car it will sell. dont get me wrong tm's a good company but,,,, anyway.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:18 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captain america
I got this off the Neo Buggy website.

"the TTR diff housing, steering and brake system will be used for the AE buggy. We have understood that initially a radical design was proposed but rejected due to high production costs.

Could these be the signs of the Associated / Thunder Tiger merger we were dreading after it going through? Or are they calculated risks??"

It will also use the TTR drivetrain. Essentially, rather than a whole new system, it'll be mostly Thunder Tiger re-branded with a few changes.

The first rumor I heard about this car back in march claimed that it would have TTR drivetrain hardware. I think it's a good thing, the TTR parts wear well and are inexpensive to replace.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Lets just hope the suspension is all AE!!!!
Old 10-19-2006, 12:04 PM
Tech Adept

they better post some pics or something for it....or the same might happen as what did with TM.....too long to release it and now people have lost interest
Old 10-19-2006, 12:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey, there's a spy in here

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (4 members and 1 guests)
D_Ames, Aaron Waldron
Old 10-19-2006, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

HAHAHAHA, caught red (fonted) handed!

I heard a rumor...about the CRCRC race in January. Just a rumor though...
Old 10-19-2006, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

I will be at the race at CRCRC and hope to see the new buggy in action.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hayabusa
designing something "different" doesn't necessarily mean it's better. in fact it could end up worse. it's just different.
Sorry to invade the read, but since you dont accept PMs, do you race in San Diego, and if so where?
Old 10-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Not trying to offend anyone but I'm sure they will take alot from the Losi 8 just like they do with the tenth scale cars.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SCUBA STEVE
Not trying to offend anyone but I'm sure they will take alot from the Losi 8 just like they do with the tenth scale cars.
x1000
Old 10-19-2006, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Yeah that post didnt make sense, they designs and layout are a lot different, just look at the front shock towers and how they connect to the arms.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

K king, If your talking about my post, I'm not sure what you are talking about

If you are talking about my post, they can change the molds and mounting positions all they want but the geometry is all the same
Old 10-19-2006, 06:30 PM
Tech Initiate

if they change they mounting locations they do change the geometry. yes line a the vertical from the hinge pin straight up is the same and line b the a-arm is the same but line c the angle of shock position changes thus changing the geometry. thats why handling changes when you change shock angle on your other cars. anyways yes it is a c-hub car and will carry the ttr drive gear but no word yet on the housings from the ttr. this is just help production costs plus they are good gear sets, as i have a ttr s 3, plus that helps once the final design is approved with getting enough kits built for the masses to be distributed. that was going to happen with their full line, team ass. took this oppurtunity to be able to compete with horizon in anoucements and release dates of any car. the design staff from team associated has full control of designs for AE cars and trucks and thunder tiger manufacturers and delivers, lower cost to team ass. but unfortunately the cost for kits to us will stay the same oh well. yes the shocks and suspension are all team ass. and their design as well as chassis, shock towers and such. may the chassis be similar to the short flat chassis upgrade for the ttr maybe but i was told it wouldnt be. without measuring both once its out cant fairly say from any pics that may come out soon. they did try two radical designs and one that kind of incoporates a little from the mugen,jammin,ttr,kyosho cars. the final design is done and they are testing it to make sure its ready then release it. unlike horizon releasing cars and then a month later releasing upgraded stiffel plastics or whatever has happened to some of their recent cars. when i hear more from my source i will pass it on, but only if it is info i can without revealing him. thats just not nice and he is my friend and i wont do that.

good luck and im waiting for my team ass. 1/8 with everyone else

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.