Community
Wiki Posts
Search

evader help

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 05:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Default evader help

Does anyone know how to put touring car wheels on the front of an evader st. or how to fit body posts on an evader that are longer.
Old 01-21-2003, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

you would probably have to use PAN CAR front tires, as far as body mounts...you're pretty much on your own customizing something
Old 01-21-2003, 06:12 PM
Tech Rookie

where could i find these.
Old 02-15-2003, 03:05 PM
Tech Rookie

In case you didn't know, there are alot of Evader drivers hanging out at two threads on the TeamRCV/Hobbytalk forum site. Lots of good people and useful info plus very little noise:

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/forumd...?s=&forumid=11

Look for the two permanent threads called:

- Evader Owners
- Evader ST Racers Only

There's also some useful aftermarket hop-ups being offered by one of the forum members (JEP). His website is here:

http://www.geocities.com/jep_rc/home.html

You can literally trace the history of the Evader with all its ups and downs by reading the entire Evader Owners thread - but that would be maybe over 1500 posts!

HG
Old 02-15-2003, 03:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Oh, so regarding your wheels ... I don't run onroad, but I do know that the Evader is a partial copy of a Losi XXXT. Many Losi parts will directly fit, or can be made to fit, on an Evader. Many Evader owners will get wheels for the Losi (e.g. from RPM or HPI) - for the RPM's you often have to shave the inside edge of the rims slightly to get them to clear the front knuckles. Easily done with a Dremel tool. So, I haven't given you a direct answer, but at least you have some options to explore.

HG