Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FS26-C in T-maxx

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 08:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Default FS26-C in T-maxx

I want to say hey to everyone as this is my first post. I've had a T-maxx for about 3-years now and have gone from the stock .15 to a .21 and now a 4-stroke. I wanted a FS40 but they were discontinued at time of interest but got a great deal on a FS26C at my LHS. I figure the truck is too heavy for the 26 but I figured I would give it a try. I have the motor in it now with a few tanks but since I installed it I have been married and just had a daughter in Jan....needless to say it has been sitting After looking at it for a while on the shelf it's time to play. A few ?'s I have is should I get a different pipe, this is from the super ten I believe, what about a pump...is it a good idea? I may pull the motor and put it in a stadium truck but I wan't to try it in here first and this is mainly for bashing....just want the thumper sound and reliability. It ran pretty good during break-in but seemed rich and when I leaned it out I could'nt get the RPM's I needed. The tranny shifted but the needle adjustment was very picky. Would the carb from the new version II work better? Heres a few pics and if you see anything that needs changing I'm all ears. I have been out of the loop for 2 years and alot has changed so I'm open to suggestions.

Old 07-23-2006, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Go to the engine section of the forums, there exist a special place where people with 4 stroke projects chat with each other :

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47677

cya,
Old 07-24-2006, 03:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks, I moved it over to the engine forum.