Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
*old* losi jrx2/pro front and rear wheels >

*old* losi jrx2/pro front and rear wheels

*old* losi jrx2/pro front and rear wheels

Old 07-22-2006, 07:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default *old* losi jrx2/pro front and rear wheels

I have a few old jrx2/pro buggies and was wondering if any of the newer buggie or truck wheels will fit on these.

I expect them to be a bit taller, but that's fine. Any ideas/thoughts?
Old 07-22-2006, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The Associated front B3/B4 rims and the Associated B3 rear rims will work - these will let you mount the newer 2.2" tires on the car. Make sure you get the B3 wheels as the B4 wheels have a different offset that will not clear the travel-links on the trailing-arm suspension on the JRX2. If your cars do not have the trailing-arm suspension then either of the Associated or Losi rear rims should work.

I have one as well that I keep for nostalgia reasons and was able to update the tires for the rare times that I want to take it to the track. XX, or XXX front rims will not work since they put all the wheel bearings in the hub - you need to have a front rim that allows for bearings to be installed in the rim (like the Associated stuff). Duratrax buggies also has rims that may work and are a little less expensive.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:58 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks duckman996, I appreciate the info.

BTW, do you think it is possible to be competitive with one of these old buggies?
Old 07-23-2006, 05:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Check eBay. I built a vintage JRX2 from parts on eBay. I am sure you could fine the original rims there.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I will be posting quite a few vintage items including new in package rims and tires.

It will be later this afternoon. Thanks.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bibleboy
Thanks duckman996, I appreciate the info.

BTW, do you think it is possible to be competitive with one of these old buggies?
Competitive - yes.... win against the likes of top Pro's - I doubt the equipment matters - they can just outwheel 99% of us. Just to prove this point, a local off-road track just opened and I am going to running some really retro cars for the following:

1) I just love the way certain "oldies" look and sound.
2) I like to be different.
3) With today's electronics / motors, these older cars would only be faster. Couple that with some new tire compounds and IMHO the difference will be minimal.

Good luck with the JRX2 bibleboy - you should have lots of fun with it ... and if you really think the car is holding you back, then upgrade. IMO, RC racing is 70% wheel skills, 20% luck, and 10% equipment.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks to all for the info. Roger that on the equipment vs. skills. It seems like it would be easy to get caught up in *buying the latest gear* only to find out, the same wheelman is at the control.

I plan on putting these buggies to the oval. Any tips on setup would be appriciated.