R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   *old* losi jrx2/pro front and rear wheels (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/122579-%2Aold%2A-losi-jrx2-pro-front-rear-wheels.html)

bibleboy 07-22-2006 07:10 PM

*old* losi jrx2/pro front and rear wheels

I have a few old jrx2/pro buggies and was wondering if any of the newer buggie or truck wheels will fit on these.

I expect them to be a bit taller, but that's fine. Any ideas/thoughts?

duckman996 07-22-2006 09:00 PM

The Associated front B3/B4 rims and the Associated B3 rear rims will work - these will let you mount the newer 2.2" tires on the car. Make sure you get the B3 wheels as the B4 wheels have a different offset that will not clear the travel-links on the trailing-arm suspension on the JRX2. If your cars do not have the trailing-arm suspension then either of the Associated or Losi rear rims should work.

I have one as well that I keep for nostalgia reasons and was able to update the tires for the rare times that I want to take it to the track. XX, or XXX front rims will not work since they put all the wheel bearings in the hub - you need to have a front rim that allows for bearings to be installed in the rim (like the Associated stuff). Duratrax buggies also has rims that may work and are a little less expensive.

bibleboy 07-23-2006 12:58 AM

Thanks duckman996, I appreciate the info.

BTW, do you think it is possible to be competitive with one of these old buggies?

AETC5 07-23-2006 05:08 AM

Check eBay. I built a vintage JRX2 from parts on eBay. I am sure you could fine the original rims there.

ahsikes 07-23-2006 06:02 AM

I will be posting quite a few vintage items including new in package rims and tires.

It will be later this afternoon. Thanks.

duckman996 07-23-2006 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by bibleboy
Thanks duckman996, I appreciate the info.

BTW, do you think it is possible to be competitive with one of these old buggies?

Competitive - yes.... win against the likes of top Pro's - I doubt the equipment matters - they can just outwheel 99% of us. Just to prove this point, a local off-road track just opened and I am going to running some really retro cars for the following:

1) I just love the way certain "oldies" look and sound.
2) I like to be different.
3) With today's electronics / motors, these older cars would only be faster. Couple that with some new tire compounds and IMHO the difference will be minimal.

Good luck with the JRX2 bibleboy - you should have lots of fun with it ... and if you really think the car is holding you back, then upgrade. IMO, RC racing is 70% wheel skills, 20% luck, and 10% equipment.

bibleboy 07-23-2006 07:08 PM

Thanks to all for the info. Roger that on the equipment vs. skills. It seems like it would be easy to get caught up in *buying the latest gear* only to find out, the same wheelman is at the control. :)

I plan on putting these buggies to the oval. Any tips on setup would be appriciated.