Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fine Design RC Brushless LiPO Nitro's

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 02:09 PM
Tech Adept

Default Fine Design RC Brushless LiPO Nitro's

I was reading the september issue of Radio Control Car Action and they had a review of Fine Design's crazy brushless and lipo conversion for the LST, looked absolutely amazing, then I looked up fine design and got there website, they have a ton of nitro conversion's with brushless and lipo, I have seen their eighth scale buggy reviewed before too, clocked it at 52mph, as for the LST, it was about 40mph. Check it out, pretty cool, and very expensive.

http://www.finedesignrc.com/1-8carstrucks.asp
Old 07-21-2006, 05:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS GUY!

He uses bad materials (brushless motors and controllers) that overheat and sometimes ruin the car/truck that it is in. Chris Fine is a crook, and uses boat mounts for the motor mounts in his BL 1/8th buggy. THis guy is total rip-off, his stuff is crap and doesn't work. His conversions may seem cool, but they are cheap...cheap...cheap... .

Plus, real brushless conversions are made, not bought. Check Dabid_Van's BL OFNA and MetalMan's BL xterminator on www.ultimaterc.com for some real conversions. And find Cold_Fusion, he makes REAL motor mounts.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:55 PM
Tech Adept

hmmm well thats no good. wonder why car action would test his stuff. It sure looks like a cool conversion, and when I saw it I loved it because I have always thought of an electric LST, but I would never buy that, not worth the money at all. I would want to go through the process of designing and machining the pieces anyway, couldn't be too hard. Now I just need the money...
Old 07-22-2006, 12:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Alot I mean ALOT cheaper to do it on your own. And building it is half the fun!
Old 07-22-2006, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

well I need a motor mount for MY 1/8th scale buggy conversion. Single motor, low CG if possible. Anyone? Anyone...Buller..Buller?
Old 07-22-2006, 10:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Contact Cold-Fusion.

He makes a lot of 1/8th scale mounts. He usually floats around TRCZ....but he's hard to find and contact.

But definately the best mounts.