Wiki Posts
Search

Truggy Motor and Servos?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 04:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Truggy Motor and Servos?

what is a good reliable motor for a truggy around $150 and what are good servos for steering and throttle/brake for about $50 each and a good cheap starter box?
Old 07-15-2006, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

the rb concepts 3-port econo would be a good choice. It will provide you with great performance on smaller tracks and if you treat it properly then you should get a good 10 gallons out of it. It is super easy to tune as well.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Stick with a .21, everything I read says a good .21 is much better than a .28 as the .28's are to crazy fast!! No fun if you can't control it.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

The nova rossi .21 BF Or something like that. it's as low as $160 in some places. It's seriously under rated. It produces alot more power than it claims, I use it in my Jammin X1CRT.

I think there is a Hitec servo that has 133 OZ of torque at .20 speed for about $40 dollars! the name escapes me at the moment, it's there ultra torque servo!
Old 07-15-2006, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

For throtle I would go with this.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXANT4&P=0
A pair of those should be perfect for starting out. Once you learn to drive well I would go and purchase a faster servo for steering. If you are budget minded then stick away from digital servos in nitro aplications. They will wear out much faster then non digital servos will. The nova rossi n21 bf is also a good choice. It is virtualy identical to the rb concepts motor. The cheaper motors will go toe to toe with the high end motors on a small track. However, they do not rev as high so on big 200 ft. straight aways you can notice a differance.

For a starter box I have personaly been using this for the past two seasons and it has worked great.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMPP5&P=0

You will also need to purchase a heat gun. These motors should be warmed up before you crank them up. It will greatly aid in keeping them running for many gallons. You can purchase one at a home depot for like $25.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

I agree, a heat gun aided me greatly when I started my N21 BF for the first time.