R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-08-2006, 03:26 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default Newbie with Inferno ST-R question

Hey guys. Im totally new to this hobby. This forum in a treasure chest of information!! I'll be hanging out here as my interest in this hobby grows!! Recently, my brother in law became a guest of the florida penal institution, so my mother-in-law gave me all his r/c cars. I got a Traxxs, and a HPI Hellfire, and a Kyosho Inferno ST-R.

I'm keeping the Revo and the Hellfire, as they were ready to run, and I've already got them going. I'm a professional Firefighter, and we race them at my station during downtime. Its awesome!! The learning curve has been a little costly so far, but thats to be expected.

The Inferno was opened, and it looks like the convict attempted to bulid it some, but lost interest. I went through it, and it looks like everything is there. Im not gonna get into it, as I don't want to pay for a motor, and with two babies at home, I don't have the time to finish it. I'm gonna list it for sale, with a Spektrum radio. What should I ask for it? If I put it on eBay, what should my reserve be?

There are a lot of tools in the box that he bought too, a long with a King starter box. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

medic103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:49 AM   #2
Tech Elite
Send a message via AIM to GregH

check on the price of the kit and go from there on flea-bay....
GregH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:32 AM   #3
Tech Initiate
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Sell the Revo & Hellfire and keep the ST-R and finish it! Team Kyosho The quality of Kyosho's cars is awesome.

And A-Main Hobbies has the ST-R on sale for $659.99
Team EMB
AZRCaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:27 AM   #4
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

The st-r is the top car out of those 3. If you do sale it though. I would set the reserve at no less then $800 for all the things you listed with it. Personaly though, I would sale the hell fire. The parts quality isn't the greatest on those trucks. Then use your down town to finish the st-r. If you follow the directions and don't hit any glitches in assembly, the assembly process shouldn't be too dificult then you should have it assembled in under 7 hours total.
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:38 AM   #5
Tech Apprentice

I'll give you 50 bucks for it...
rwlkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:54 AM   #6
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Sell the Hell Fire and keep the Revo and ST-R. The HF is a good truggy and parts will be more readily available but the ST-R (which is also considered a truggy) is pretty much the truggy to beat right now and will be much more durable, I think.The Revo can pretty much do anything, bash or race. Kind of the best of both worlds here. In selling any of them, especially if theyre brand new, you could easily get $600...8 (even brand new everything) may be a little high for Ebay people. I'd post pics of everything and set your reserve at no less than $600. Whatever you do, be absolutely sure to set a reserve. If you don't and the bidding for whatever reason only went to say, $250 or so, you're screwed. The thing with Ebay...people are looking there because they want a deal. Now, even if you're B.I.L paid $1000 or more for the ST-R and gear, you will still come out wayyy ahead since you got it free. Hell, Id offer you $300 for the ST-R roller alone, no tools or anything...but then that is probably lowballing you, lol. Anyhoo...whatever you choose, good luck, have fun with the ones you do keep and keep in touch here if you have problems or need advice, etc.
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 05:05 PM   #7
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

since your not a racer, then maybe you should ignore all of us racers advice about keeping it, because in the end the STR will fetch the most money.

And with a baby, you'll need every last cent!

Also, the STR is too new to lose interest in, maybe he landed in legal trouble right after he bought it! It's only been out for a few months!

And is your brother in law staying for an extended amount of time? I hope so, because who knows what he'd do if he found out what happened to his RC stuff.
TeamXray RCAmerica Hudy Xlgraphicspro Paint/ Impulse-Rc Clutch shoes.
Xray XB 808 O.S. Speed Or Ninja JX
xlgraphicspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:06 AM   #8
Tech Elite

Keeping ST-R is a good way...........I believe........
Go for racing with ST-R truggy is just nice.........
XRAY 808 - XT8