Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Now I'm trying to remember an Esc....It was an Airtronics from around the late 80's.. >

Now I'm trying to remember an Esc....It was an Airtronics from around the late 80's..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Now I'm trying to remember an Esc....It was an Airtronics from around the late 80's..

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Default Now I'm trying to remember an Esc....It was an Airtronics from around the late 80's..

early 90's. Now all I can remember (and it may jog someone elses memory) is that the case was barely as wide as the fets (it had 5-6 of them).

Picture is you can something shaped like this in general.....

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXDAM7**&P=7

except imagine it as a black case and only as wide as a fet but about as long as say 10 fets.

I hope tha makes sense and if it does I'd be interested in knowing what model it may have been and specs from back in the day.

Thanks in advance to all with a better memory than me.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

They are known as the super vortex 107( i could be wrong..it was such a long time ago)...great forward only no motor limit esc but it doesnt have brakes....they were later replaced by the Sanwa super vortex 112 which featured forward/brake...

Last edited by Funkymojo; 07-03-2006 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Default Cool.....

Originally Posted by Funkymojo
They are known as the super vortex 107( i could be wrong..it was such a long time ago)...great forward only no motor limit esc but it doesnt have brakes....they were later replaced by the Sanwa super vortex 112 which featured forward/brake...
thank you very much , I'm sure you're right as you've just jogged my memory into remembering that the one I had didn't have brakes.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

yupz it was the vortex and then the super vortex.

they also have the champ and super champ esc!!!
Old 07-04-2006, 11:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I also had one of those but I sold it way back then. However, I kept the Futaba speed control from that time, the MC116.