Need some help!

Old 07-02-2006, 12:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Need some help!

hey guys you know by now im the new guy to this hobby but i need some help! my new Traxxas Rusler has been broke in and everything great. i bought it off a close friend who needed some cash so i know its good. he lives in Connecticut and i have had to tune it on my own. this is my first nitro truck. ok to the point, i was running it today for about 5 min. and then i tiped it and it stalled right away(witch it normaly stays running) and then it would not refire. finaly after about 1 min it fired. I have the E-Z start so hit the button and held it at 1/2 throttle it took off then i let it sit at idle and immediately died. what is going on am i to lean or what? HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!! thanx for the help!

also i just tryied it again this time i lifted from the throttle and she shut down! i have a great trail of blue smoke from my pipe!

Last edited by JatoPimp; 07-02-2006 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

It is too rich if you have a good cloud of smoke and its cutting off. Turn the tuning needle on the truck about one tick of a clock clock wise. Then try and run it. When it first starts you will normaly have to give it some throtle to help clear out the engine. It should idle for about 8-10 seconds and then cut off. If it speeds up then its too lean. If it stalls before 8-10 seconds then its too rich. Make tiny adjustments untill you get the desired result.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Tech Initiate

so that 8-10 seconds is all any R/C car should idle for? i have no idea but im not sure if i can let them sit for like a min. or what i feel kinda stupid for asking but im new to this stuff!
Old 07-03-2006, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

yes it should idle for around 8-10 seconds without any problem. sounds like its running a bit to rich. turn it a tiny tiny tiny bit clockwise to run it a little leaner. rev up the engine (while placed on a block of some sort) this will clear up the engine from any left over oils from the day before run. if u can, hold the car in 1 hand, and tilt it at a 90 degree angle, and rev up the engine (exhaust end pointing against the ground..or use a piece of cardboard and hold it near the exhaust tip, rev up the engine, and if there is oil after clearing out the engine. its running too rich.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:52 PM
Tech Initiate

thanx alot guru thats a great tip!
Old 07-05-2006, 01:16 PM
Tech Initiate

i did that tip just as their was no fuel coming out of the exhaust i ran her i could feel she had like no power left in her i brought her in and checked the temp it was 296! but when i ritchen her up just an 1/8 turn she seems to be too rich! man my nerves are shot! would me running in grass affect the temp in any way do i just need a smooth running surface?
Old 07-05-2006, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Running on grass will make the temp higher.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:55 AM
Tech Initiate

do you have any idea how much more and also why? is it bc the engine has to work harder to push it?
Old 07-06-2006, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JatoPimp
do you have any idea how much more and also why? is it bc the engine has to work harder to push it?
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!