Wiki Posts
Search

set-up station for a truck?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default set-up station for a truck?

Is there a set-up station that I could use for a 1/10th scale truck (like a T4, XXX-T, etc)?

I'm tiered of only being able to eyeball settings, and would like to have my settings right (not it looks good to me, type of adjustment).
Old 09-16-2007, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yes, search on Ebay. I've visited the website and they look good there but I forgot the name.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Couldn't you just use a TC setup station? You might need to have a spacer or adapter or something (washers?) for the wheel, but the fixtures should work just fine. caster, camber, toe...all the same stuff,right?
Old 09-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
Couldn't you just use a TC setup station? You might need to have a spacer or adapter or something (washers?) for the wheel, but the fixtures should work just fine. caster, camber, toe...all the same stuff,right?
The axles wouldn't fit into the fixtures. And I just don't think everything would work right.

Last edited by annie_himself; 09-16-2007 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by annie_himself
The axles would fit into the fixtures. And I just don't think everything would work right.
Why not? It's nothing you couldn't work out in 10 minutes or so.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Why not? It's nothing you couldn't work out in 10 minutes or so.
Well I wouldn't do it, if its not right then the station will be off and the whole point of it is to get accurate measurements. The ones I mentioned earlier are also alot cheaper. Once you try it and tell me its good, then I may think about doing the same for my truck.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by annie_himself
Well I wouldn't do it, if its not right then the station will be off and the whole point of it is to get accurate measurements. The ones I mentioned earlier are also alot cheaper. Once you try it and tell me its good, then I may think about doing the same for my truck.
All you have to do is work out the hardware (nuts and washers) to attach the setup gear to the setup station. 1* camber is 1* camber.

You might have to poke the holes a tiny bit bigger, but it's not like that hasn't been done before back in the day for a TC3 or a Losi. I'm not busting out muy setup gear to prove it for the same reason I never bust it out...not worth the time. I'll sell it to you cheap and you can do it yourself.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

All you have to do is work out the hardware (nuts and washers) to attach the setup gear to the setup station. 1* camber is 1* camber.

You might have to poke the holes a tiny bit bigger, but it's not like that hasn't been done before back in the day for a TC3 or a Losi. I'm not busting out muy setup gear to prove it for the same reason I never bust it out...not worth the time. I'll sell it to you cheap and you can do it yourself.

This is correct. If you can figure out a way to mount it consistantly the same way, it will work fine. And having exactly 1* isn't as important as having it balanced on both sides. As long as it's balaned and you take note of where it is on your set up station, go with it.

BTW, using the RPM camber gauge to my Team Magic on my TC or the Hudy for my 1/8scalewas about a degree and a half out. I can't remember which way though. But it wasn't a huge deal. Yes the car felt different but it was balanced and I made my changes from there.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The only issue with using something for a TC, with a truck, is that a truck is wider then a TC, so it would be pointless to try to eyeball it, when you are trying to get it right.

Anyway's is this who you were talking about?
http://www.rc-setup.com/index.html
Old 09-16-2007, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

One of the biggest benefits (I know of) to a setup station is that you eliminate the wheels from the setup. You might not be able to use the every part of the station, but you could use most of it.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by carbon madness
The only issue with using something for a TC, with a truck, is that a truck is wider then a TC, so it would be pointless to try to eyeball it, when you are trying to get it right.

Anyway's is this who you were talking about?
http://www.rc-setup.com/index.html
Yes, thats it.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carbon madness
I have a TC. board that I use for my TC. , I then just bought a extra TC. setup station and drilled out the holes to fit the 1/4'' off road axles.

The toe gage was not wide enough, so I cut it and extended it to so it would fit the Truck and Buggy.

It all works great, and like some one said a few post back , it eliminates the slop of the wheels and bearings.

This was all disused in this thread,
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.phpt=174351&highlight=setup+station
a few weeks back, and there were people on there saying they did not see the need for this in off-road .

I thinks it just a way to be a little more accurate , which can't be bad.