Mugen MBX5 T truggy Pic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MBX5 T truggy Pic

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 09:26 AM
Tech Adept

Man what a difference...Before I bought this truggy I joined the bandwagon with my friends that all have Jammin's. I bought one and put it half way together and it just didn't feel good while putting it together...warpped plastic parts, slop and had to shave arms so they would move freely.

This is not the case with this truck....it is going together super smooth...just like my MBX5 did.

I have a brand new in box Jammin Pro Truggy and One Piece Motor Mount for sale...$500.

Here are some more pic...I would of finish but its pretty hard to wrench with a new 2 month old baby...will send more pics soon.

Old 08-02-2006, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

Hey All

Are the Wheels Off-Set, with that kind of wheel Off-Set it would have to be or there'd be alot scrub(hope my Term. is Right)on the Tires...

Have Good One!!!

Brad
Old 08-02-2006, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

not only that, but how do they get the correct gear ratio, is like the kyosho with the high ratio diffs or is it like the jammin, the ferris wheel sized spur gear?
Old 08-02-2006, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The wheels are non-offset (same as the Kyosho ST-R, Thunder Tiger ST-1 and Hellfire). That's why Mugen has the short 17mm wheel adapters. You could always run the standard 17mm short buggy hexes with the Jammin CRT 28mm offset wheels and the truck would be the same width. Personally, I'd rather run the short adapters with the non-offset wheels. You have more wheel choices (Mugen, Kyosho, HPI, Ofna and ProLine now makes 17mm non-offset truggy wheels), plus you can get to the hex much easier with your fingers and tighten with any wrench. This is very important when you're racing and for some reason a wheel nut loosens up or comes off. You have a much better chance of someone getting you back out there.

As for the short wheel extender, like I said above, it's just there to adjust the wheel offset. It has no impact on performance like the old MSR conversion wheel extenders. The Kyosho ST-R comes with standard 17mm buggy hexes, but they'll soon be releasing extenders like the Mugen has (team drivers are already testing them and like the truck a bit wider).

As for the spur gear, the Mugen MBX5T uses the stock 46T buggy spur gear and 13T clutchbell. It is the ONLY truck to use the smaller buggy spur (ST-R, ST-1 and LSP all use a bigger 50T spur. The Jammin CRT uses a HUGE 62T spur). The Mugen MBX5T has a new set of ring & pinions (46T ring gear and 10T pinion gear). The overall gear ratio is very low at 16.28:1. You can also run the buggy option 44T spur gear. The CG is very low and centered on this new Mugen truck.

Best regards,
Old 08-03-2006, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

Tony is 100% Correct....Mr. Robbie Collins and I go way back to electric racing at Revelation Raceway...

Thanks for all the offset/gearing answers Tony...So can you hook up some screws...? PM me...maybe we can trade services!!!

Here are some more pics....just need to do radio tray and shocks!!! Will finish tonight.

Big thanks to Robbie!!! Brothaman!!!

Old 08-03-2006, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

brothaman...LOL

I always hear Robbie use that

Email me at [email protected]

Tony P.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Diffs

I was wondering if they changed the pins in the diffs. That was the only thing I hated about the conversion and was hoping that they fixed that.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cjkiefer
I was wondering if they changed the pins in the diffs. That was the only thing I hated about the conversion and was hoping that they fixed that.
If you're referring to the small pins behind the large beveled gear inside the diffs that sheared in the old MSR, they shouldn't be an issue on the new truck. Once I got rid of the long wheel extenders on my Tony's Screws long arm conversion and the lighter CF, Bowtie MT and Boas came out, I never sheered another one. The new truck has even less weight at the wheel and they lost the 22mm of wheel extension.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

When I had a Mugen, sometimes I would shear diff pins, but the diff still worked, it just had a lot of slop from outdrive to outdrive, but the three little pieces of pin somehoow still allowed the diff to function.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

can the x5t fuel tank fit the buggy?
Old 08-12-2006, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I have not tried but heard no direct bolt in, but theres always a way if you redrill mounting holes or fabricate some mounts.

We ran the MBX5T for the first time today, very impressive, well balanced and easy to drive hard.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Jeff- How well did it turn? Thanks
Old 08-13-2006, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

It had unbelievable steering through out the whole corner, when accelerating and getting it loose it through a corner it would power slide with so much control through the corner that it was easy to drive. we tested/practiced on a dry/dusty track and my son was turning times equal to when the track was prepped. Overall it was just so balanced traction wise front to rear.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

IM guessing youre asking if the tank fits the buggy so you could "cheat" on a local level.....very interesting...lol

ps...i wondered the same thing
Old 08-13-2006, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

The tank is longer, so it would be a tough fit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.