Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin Brushless testing!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have the Novak and reedy and have no issues interchanging motors. They seem to be working perfectly. As far as the Tekin running them, It is possible some people have done it with other controllers. But they seemed to cog a lot. So I guess it is what you define as running? I would believe that doing this would not give the Tekin controller or the Novak motor the right environment to show what either can do.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:12 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by AETC5
Delays will be vendor related. I thought Tekin made them in house???

Anyway. The topic did get pushed toward interface for a few reasons probably.

Both systems will most likely be very equal in quality and performance and the interface may be a deciding factor in what someone buys. I simply like the ease of use of the USB, others don't.

You ststed that a USB will come out fr the Mini Rage. When? Weeks, months????

I have been waithin for MONTHS for a NEW Tekin brushed speedo for 1/10 and a brushed speedo for 1/18 (B1 or B1R) and nothing. Same goes for the Mini Battery DR.... ANd a Tekin Charger. Anything you can share on those items???
Ouch… We are one of the few companies in this industry that design their own products. That means we source individual custom and standard components from “vendors” and rely on them to deliver.

I have been waiting for months as well.... I suppose I can justify it a little…. The mini doc battery clips were not right and we had to pay for another tool with another vendor and wait another 12 weeks. Think I am happy about it? I had to write the check twice... Similar issues have slowed the public release of products in general, but not the design and testing.

USB is done and we use it all the time. It is just not pretty and released. Honestly there have been so few request for it that it is hard to justify the expense. It is expected, but it does not pay… welcome to the reality of business. With the release of a few more systems it makes sense and will happen.

There is a lot of new stuff coming all at once… Like a Tidal wave… and you know it is all going to be right and very Tekin.

Tekin Prez
Old 07-12-2006, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nichocgn
I have the Novak and reedy and have no issues interchanging motors.
Same here. Running both LRP and Novak motors with an LRP Sphere with no problems. It has even been reported on this site by many that the Novak motors run better when connected to the Sphere.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:35 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Can't wait to get mine to test out.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Looking forward to seeing this product.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:10 PM
Tech Master

Will you be getting them Roar approved?
Old 07-21-2006, 10:59 AM
Team Tekin

I can't say "yes" for sure since it's not my place. However I do know that it's on the table. Let's face it only makes sense.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Key
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedyDad
Same here. Running both LRP and Novak motors with an LRP Sphere with no problems. It has even been reported on this site by many that the Novak motors run better when connected to the Sphere.
I'm sure that you could run novak motors and lrp without problems but that's about all the brushless motors out of millions available one has access to with those speedos.

A brushless esc without the need for sensors can run pretty much anything sensored and/or sensorless. Motor and battery configuration variety is definitely not a limitation.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

When is this brushless going to be available? I am about this |------| to getting a brushless system for my 4mod, adn am wieghing my options.
Thanks,
Rod
Old 07-21-2006, 05:51 PM
Team Tekin

Trust me you are going to want to at least wait 'til Tekin has it out. Even if it's to be able to compare all the new brushless systems that are coming out...It will only make the field step up a notch and make it all the products that much better!
Old 07-21-2006, 06:48 PM
Tech Adept

This sounds just like trhe hype when everybody was waiting for the Mini Rage to come out. Sounded great. Eventually was released. Some people had good luck with them and others sold theirs. Remember the Tekin Mini Rage motors are "green" under the sticker.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:42 PM
Team Tekin

Motor technology is a lot like that of batteries. Everyone can and does use the same batteries but all use different techniques to get the most out of them.

Same goes for motor technology, both brushed and brushless. That's like saying that the Fantom motor isn't an Orion can, Epic isn't Trinity, and almost every motor tuner out their isn't either of the two. They all start with something and make it their own. I'm not speaking for Tekin but just in general. I was flipping through my new Rcca and saw that Orion is now coming out with a "new" brushless system only to keep reading the mag and seeing the exact same esc and motor under the GM label. I wonder who's making it but in the end I'm sure there will be more different then just the sticker! All I'm saying is that a lot of this industry is using the same suppliers for their "hardware" but may use it differently.

Having driven the current brushless systems out there, I can say that I preferred the Tekin simply by its "feel." No matter what I've done to the Novak the braking was just waaaaay too much too soon. The LRP was better but still didn't feel as linear as the Tekin.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

so, when is this baby going to be released? I guess I can wait until next race season, since this one is about over.
Rod
Old 07-23-2006, 01:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Generally, I think the mamba would sell much better. The mamba has been the classis bl setup for minis, and supposedly the best, so 1/10 people would assume mamba is beter. The highest mamba max is the 7700, if Tekin releases a speedier one, I bet itll sell better. I didnt like it when the mini rage was introduced, it has the exact same kvs as the mamba.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Razor_Racer
Generally, I think the mamba would sell much better. The mamba has been the classis bl setup for minis, and supposedly the best, so 1/10 people would assume mamba is beter. The highest mamba max is the 7700, if Tekin releases a speedier one, I bet itll sell better. I didnt like it when the mini rage was introduced, it has the exact same kvs as the mamba.
The Tekin 1/18 motors were the SAME motor as the Mamba. If you took off the sticker it was green, ust like the Mamba!!! That is why they were the same KV.

I would guess the same is going to be true in the 1/10 system

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.