R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-28-2006, 12:36 AM   #16
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

thank you guys for backing me up on this...... i was hoping someone would help me out...... like i said also... it is not a lot.... but it keeps me from having to make a pit in a 7min run...... and you all know that you can lose a few spots if you come in.... and the other people do not...... or just run out of fuel and not finish the last lap.. that also sucks... because then you are the last to finish on that lap..... so if your all on the same lap.... you are last.......
SteveJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:03 AM   #17
Tech Initiate

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! SkarTisu - that's probably the easiest way I've heard of setting the needles! I'll definately try it next time I'm out. Someone suggested adjusting the needles Saturday night when I raced and they got all out of wack, so I'll have to start from scratch. The cold fuel theory seems logical, but when other guys are running 6, 7, even 8 minutes and still have fuel left, it leads me to believe the problem may be elswhere. I'm going to try a new piston and sleeve; I've noticed the compression is next to nothing after the race is over. I can't even start it again if I flame out near the end. New piston & sleeve, correct needle adjustment, clean air filter (I clean it before every race), and a little bit longer fuel line, then we'll see where I'm at mileage wise. Thanks again for all the input!
Jasonsuper50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:42 AM   #18
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to SkarTisu Send a message via Yahoo to SkarTisu

Jason, don't let the lack of pinch immediately after a run throw you off. That's always going to happen because the sleeve expands when the engine temp comes up, which reduces the pinch you feel. If the motor still has pinch when it's cold, then you're good to go. If you're having trouble restarting when it's hot, double check all your pressure line stuff - fittings, hose, etc. I've had trouble with hot restarts, and it turned out to be a leak on my exhaust pipe pressure fitting that was leaking slightly.
SkarTisu is offline   Reply With Quote