R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-19-2006, 01:26 PM   #1
Tech Initiate
Default Rock/sand guards for the Jammin

Hey everyone I got to the point in my kit to put on the rock/sand guards and while I am screwing in the screws the tops of them are stripping out. While I did managae to get all three screws in on one side it seems like they are bigger then the 2 allen wrench the kit provideded. Should I worry about this at all? I am still able to screw them in and out but the allen wrench is starting to make its on hexagonal pattern. Or should I take some 3x10mm screws that I have as spares and just swap them in because those have the proper allen wrench holes on them. thanks for the advice!
EnderWiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:46 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic
Send a message via AIM to SavageSYNTH25

I would suggest that you make sure you're using the correct size Allen wrench, and invest in a nicer set- The ones they include will work, but will usually just strip the screw when it's time to take one out.
SavageSYNTH25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:51 PM   #3
Tech Initiate

I did go and use another set of allen wrenches and it had the same problem as the one that was included with the kit. I measured the screw length and its about a 3x7or8 when in the instruction manual it says 3x10. I found a 3x10 screw and it fit the 2 allen wrench perfect, whith the screw that were with the sand guards however there is a little play when the allen wrench is inserted. I might just use 3x10s from the spare screw bag I ordered today and just sand the ends off when I install them into the guards.

UPDATE: One of the screws just stripped out I had to get a precision allen wrench to get it out, now I need to get either the 3x10 from the bag or see if there is a 3x7 that comes in the bag. Savage i think you were right, I tried to see if the other 3 screws had the same problem with another allen wrench and none of them do, so I believe the culprit of the screw stripping was the allen wrench from the kit. There is a second screw on the same path as the first but not as bad, I might also change that screw out also. Besides that the kit is coming along very well

Last edited by EnderWiggin; 06-19-2006 at 02:11 PM.
EnderWiggin is offline   Reply With Quote