Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
ofna 9.5 need help making it lighter >

ofna 9.5 need help making it lighter

ofna 9.5 need help making it lighter

Old 06-13-2006, 08:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Default ofna 9.5 need help making it lighter

hey guys i have a 9.5 and feeling the weight as compared to some of the newer stuff it feels almost 2 lbs heavier.....the buggy is a raveger and ive converted to the cnc knuckles but im still trying to figure out where all the weight in this car is and how i can get rid of it. thanks
Old 06-13-2006, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

nothing much you could do i think...unless you wanna go carbon fibre on some of the things in the car like the radio tray and stuff...maybe drill some holes where its just plain metal and it doesnt bolt to anything...
Old 06-14-2006, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I lost the weight when I bought a Kyosho 777.

BTW my 9.5 was the Pro version with all the carbon fiber and lightweight parts and it still weighed more than the stock 777.

Last edited by AreCee; 06-14-2006 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

if you look at the 9.5 compared to, say, a Mugen, the plastics on the 9.5 are WAY beefier and chassis is much wider (and heavier), the differentials are way bigger and heavier (and thus there housings are bigger....heres a pic showing the size comparison...a good place to look at differences is in the front diff case area....substantially beefier in the 9.5

Old 06-14-2006, 07:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Thats what i figured, but i wasnt sure if there was a lighter chassis and i just hadnt found it yet. I meen as it stands Im doing fine keeping up with most other cars, I just have to drive the wheels off of the car to do it and to win i need to run damn near perfect where as if I could lighten it up Id be golden. has anyone tried fitting a smaller diff in the housing? I have a v-spec that im going to put in it soon which will help for sure, but even still I just dont see it being a nght and day difference as compared to a basic hyper i have in it now due to the weight of the car and or drive train...
Old 06-15-2006, 04:13 AM
Tech Adept

The Hyper 8 port is a fine engine, but there is a night and day difference between it and a V-Spec.