Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ok have some quentions

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Ok have some quentions

Ok here is one for ya i bought a used 2.5r awhile back had nothing but problems with it so i traded it in on parts for the New MINI LST and im not done getting parts for it yet. I love it but i hate messing with charging batties for a short run time. I got out of nitro because you work so much on them, wife and i have our first child coming in Augest and im wanting to get another 1/10scale but don't know if i should get a revo or the Team Losi "Team Losi's XXX-T Brushless RTR instead of dealing with Nitro. I just hate working all the time on the Nitro can anyone point me in the right direction?
Old 06-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Electrics are not as much maintinace if you just bash and not race but if you want to race an electric motor needs to be maintained just like a nitro motor. But a brushless motor is basically no maintinace. They are also alot quicker than most brushed motors. Some people like gas others like electric, Im kinda in the middle electrics are fun and so is nitro. It just depends on what you like. I think the xxxt brushless rtr is a good truck.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

The new revo 3.3 engine is great. However, the new xxx-t is virtualy maintanance free and you should be looking at great run times. If you can afford it I would drop the money on a maxamps.com 6k mah lipo, a duratrax ice, and a power suply. You would be looking at around a 1.2hour charge time and a run time of around 30 minutes. If you buy normal batteries I would buy matched packs, they will last much longer in the long run.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

I also like both but i know im not going to have the time to deal with nitro i mean i live in the city and really can't take it outside an run it all day neibors hate the noice. So im in a bind i wanna get a nice fast and well built electric if i decide on an electric. Im just lost on which to get
Old 06-05-2006, 09:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

but im wondering is it better just to go with nitro if im just wanting to bash and just play around even though i don't run it all the time? Also would it be ok to just run stock parts on the Revo, I also like the Jato but i heard it's really hard to keep from busting alot of parts? Im thinking electric but there is almost as much work on the electric as the nitro in the most part right? What would you all suggest i get?

Last edited by bpandragon; 06-05-2006 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:22 AM
Tech Adept

That TL XXX-T Brushless RTR is awsome it is about the same speed of any other RTR electric truck/buggy but it shows you how to maintain it and then from there you can just get a diff. brushless system
Old 06-06-2006, 12:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bpandragon
but im wondering is it better just to go with nitro if im just wanting to bash and just play around even though i don't run it all the time? Also would it be ok to just run stock parts on the Revo, I also like the Jato but i heard it's really hard to keep from busting alot of parts? Im thinking electric but there is almost as much work on the electric as the nitro in the most part right? What would you all suggest i get?
Gas and Electric can be both bashers but I would say unless you have a nice brushless system it's just not the same, but keep in mind how much time/money are you willing to spend? Now I was the same way I bought a T-Maxx for bashing and it was just a pain in my ass and I went elec. for a while but I wanted another nitro and I just had to fight it kinda just get past that learning curve and it's all good, but don't be fooled some of these nice brushless systems will whoop nitro in speed and run time just keep that in mind. brushless and Lipo are the future of electrics and they needed something fast. Nitro was boxing electric bashers and such out quick
Old 06-06-2006, 01:06 AM
Tech Elite

if u want electric go with the hot bodiesEzilla....its a sick truck OR if u wana get nitro get a hpi savage 4.6 ss......both are SICK FUN but u can never beat nitro :P
Old 06-06-2006, 05:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well what im running into is if i do go with electric is it going to cost more to just get the electric up and running for along run time? I mean nitro you can run until your out of gas or anything breaks correct? Im going to stick with Traxxas if i get into nitro again. it's down to either the electric brushless that just came out or Revo, Jato i heard you go threw alot of tires on the jato, is electric more of a costly way to have fun or not?
Old 06-06-2006, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

with nitro you can't run till you run out of gas, you still have a reciever pack that will die eventually, along with the transmitter battery,

electric is only expensive if you are seriosuly racing, if you just want a basher you can play with in your backyard, i think the brushless XXXT is what you would be happy with, Orion has a GP3900 rocket pack that sells for farily cheap, so you can get a couple of those, and a decent peak charger, and your set to go, you'll get decent run time, and very little maintenece,

since youve got the new baby coming and all that other stuff, the electric will take up alot less of your time, and electric wont get the neighbors after you, i dont know the exact prices, but the electris might be slightly more in initial cost if you buy a couple batteries and a good charger, but there isn't really any other cost to it, for nitro you have to keep buying fuel, glow plugs, etc . . . , and they take alot more time to clean than an electric,
Old 06-06-2006, 06:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yea i forgot about the batt. for those electric parts on the nitro also, I would like to thank everyone with helping me with the choices im going with the XXXT i really like the look and I already have a Dynamite Prophet ll charger already. So when i get the XXXT what brand of batteries should i get to get the most out of runtime? What kind of up keep do you have on the brushless? and im wondering if you can put a buddy body on it?
Old 06-06-2006, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

i like these batteries for the price,

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=ORI10237
Old 06-06-2006, 06:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

not a bad price at all what kind of runtime you think? also bob what do you have as in toys

Last edited by bpandragon; 06-06-2006 at 06:49 AM.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

i've had pretty much everythintg at one point, right now i've got an 8th scale buggy and truggy, monster truck, and a Losi XXX BK2, i've got a sphere competition brushless speed control and a neo one star motor in it, and i've also got an orion lipo i run in it, i get 10min plus of run time with the lipo, i've never actually run it till it was dead to see how long it will go, but i run two 5 min heat races in a day without topping up,

with those batteries i would think you will get 6-7min easy, probally more if your just playing in the backyard,
Old 06-06-2006, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

another thing with the lipo, althgouh the batteries cost more, the chargers cost alot less, you can get a capable charger for like 30-50 bucks, so that is somthing else you can consider down the road,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.