Wiki Posts
Search

speed gem 12x2 questions.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 01:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default speed gem 12x2 questions.....

I had to buy a mod motor becaues my brushless motor had some problems..... it is getting fixed right now.... (i hope) anyway..... I bought a speed gem 12x2 for my FT B4....... I ran the motor as is... new... last weekend sunday 4th..... I broke the motor in... then I put it in the car and it ran great.... I had no problems........ I was running a 21 or 22 tooth on there.. i cant remember..... so with a weekend of running it i bought new brushes.. i was going to buy the same ones that came with it... but then i thought..... I am going to need to get more....so why not just get the xxx high silver ones....that way i dont have to replace them every weekend..... so that is what i did...... now this weekend....sunday 11th...... i ran that motor with the silver brushes in it... and it did not run right at all...... it got all kinds of hot.......... ran good for a few mins.. then it just fell off...... (and the out side air temp was way lower then last week when it ran good) and like i said... nothing changed...... only the brushes......

so I ask..... will them xxx silver brushes make that motor run hot ?????

I did not put the stock brushes on and try it... i just ran another motor..... I am going to try that this weekend... if I dont get my brushless back by then...

thanks
Old 06-18-2006, 12:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Hi Steve,

Did you cut the com?? if not that could be your problem. Check that the brushes snap back on the com when you pull the brushes back a little, ( with brush springs left on) Checking for binding in the brush hoods.
Are your bearings good? These motors are good but don't over gear it. Always start lower in your pinions than work up on spur than pionions. I always go one to two teeth lower than the manual just to be sure. I can get over 40 runs on xxx silver brushes. Good luck. Mark.